Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Confused.. Why Canada?

Confused.. Why Canada?

Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused.. Why Canada?

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
My point was that even a so called "progressive country" like the USA has problems with race relations. After S Africa, this is probably one country that has had to deal with race more than any other.

Is Europe backwards when it comes to race and ignorance? Sure. They are used to live in a homogenous society, so they are unable to handle this influx of immigrants.

Maybe it is more overt in places like Spain. But is that better or worse than in places where they are thinking it, but don't show it? I don't know the answer to that.
I think the Moorish architecture in Spain demonstrates that there have been immigrants there for some years now.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

How would your accent change how women look and dress? Is it making them slimmer and more feminine? LOL. Sure, it might be helping you get the Canadian girls. Good for you. Coming from the UK, where the women seem to have adopted N American lifestyles and eating habits, I guess you don't see much difference.

European women are in a different league. You can't compare N American or British women to Europeans. My ex-gf from the Czech Republic did not have an ounce of fat on her body. Feminine, well dressed etc. N American and probably British women as well, are trying so hard to be men, that they have forgotten what it is like to be women.
I would have hoped to (and still will) assume you knew I meant it helped to attract Canadian women of the type you speak of and are just misconstruing it to put forward your views on what makes a woman attractive. In case you haven't noticed, the UK is full of eastern European women and I've encountered my fair share before the EU opened us up to the uncontolled mass migration at first. Some are nice, other are very rude, cold and aloof much like every other nationality of women (and men). Quite honestly, weight isn't much of an issue to me as long as they're healthy enough and have that undefinable factor that there's no rhyme nor reason to. I'll take North American and British girls over any other type
Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:38 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

My point was that even a so called "progressive country" like the USA has problems with race relations. After S Africa, this is probably one country that has had to deal with race more than any other.
You're confusing two distinct problems here. Race relations in the United States is largely a completely separate issue to immigration, and is usually understood to have more to do with equality for African-Americans who have been Americans for generations. Immigration concerns are largely to do with recent Hispanic immigrants from Mexico and Central America; this is not overtly a racial issue. Well, three distinct problems really - the third is that many people would hesitate to call any country that maintains the death penalty and indefinite imprisonment without trial "progressive."

Is Europe backwards when it comes to race and ignorance? Sure. They are used to live in a homogenous society, so they are unable to handle this influx of immigrants.
How you can say that Europe is a homogeneous society I simply don't know. Germany has the largest Turkish population outside Turkey. France has a large North African population. Britain has been a destination for immigrants of all races for years. THese are not new phenomena. Perhaps you should learn a little more about Europe before making sweeping remarks with no basis in fact.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by daft batty
I think the Moorish architecture in Spain demonstrates that there have been immigrants there for some years now.
Good point, however the Moors came as conquerors rather than as immigrants. I don't know enough about Spanish history to comment on how much they became part of society or were viewed as "immigrants". There is a lot of British architecture in India for example, but it does not mean that they went there as immigrants or any integration. Quite the opposite. They lived in their enclaves, separate from every body.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
How you can say that Europe is a homogeneous society I simply don't know. Germany has the largest Turkish population outside Turkey. France has a large North African population. Britain has been a destination for immigrants of all races for years. THese are not new phenomena. Perhaps you should learn a little more about Europe before making sweeping remarks with no basis in fact.
However, these are all recent developments. In the last 30 to 50 years. I was comparing it to a US example which has been grappling with it for hundreds of years.

I am not confusing any issues here at all. It is a matter about race. Whether they came by immigration or some other means.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mc_dub
I would have hoped to (and still will) assume you knew I meant it helped to attract Canadian women of the type you speak of
Yes, but your comments about your accent were out of place because I never said anything about attracting these type of women. My comments were related to their appearance and attitude. I mentioned nothing about my ability or inability to attract them. So, why you felt the need to tell us about how your accent made you a Don Juan in Toronto, I have no idea. In fact if you are able to attract them good for you, you can have them!

You are in the minority!

Polish girls 'too pretty'
30/03/2007 15:52 - (SA)

Warsaw - Pretty Polish girls have become targets of jealousy and bullying by British schoolgirls, while British schoolboys keen to win a Polish girlfriend have picked fist-fights with their Polish rivals, Poland's Zycie Warszawy daily reported on Friday.

Most of the Polish teens arrived in Great Britain as part of the massive wave of migrants following Poland's 2004 entry into the European Union.

Tall, thin and a blue-eyed blonde, Magda Kwiatkowska turned the heads of local boys as soon as she showed up at a high school in London's Acton district.

"It began two years ago with English girls making ironic comments, finger pointing and pushing her around," Kwiatkowska's mother told Zycie Warszawy.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/N...091814,00.html
Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Shall we organise a whip round to buy Adrian a (one way) ticket to Spain ASAP
Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Bring on a pic of these fine Canadian Adonis'. Lean, well built, six pack.... I'm sure.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

Yes, but your comments about your accent were out of place because I never said anything about attracting these type of women. My comments were related to their appearance and attitude. I mentioned nothing about my ability or inability to attract them. So, why you felt the need to tell us about how your accent made you a Don Juan in Toronto, I have no idea. In fact if you are able to attract them good for you, you can have them!

You are in the minority!

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/N...091814,00.html
Well the ones I have encountered (and not just dated) don't really fit the description you listed and are second and third generation Canadians. Now of course I'd be a complete liar if I said I hadn't met any that didn't meet your description but then from my observations this is true of just about all modern well-off countries.

Speaking of out of place, what exactly is your article for? I'm sure I could dig up a few hundred of the same type about British girls being bullied in British schools for being attractive if I trawled the local newspapers around the country but it serves no real purpose.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't understand now.

One minute he's saying that Canada, Toronto in particular is the subject to mass immigration from all over, then he says its full of Canadian girls that are fat.

It also appears that the mass population fluctuations that have gripped Europe including the UK over the last 1000 years didn't happen.

There were no Romans, Saxons, Vikings, French, our history books are wrong.

The mass immigration of black workers did not happen in the 50's, the streets of Hanwell, Bradford, Hayes etc are not full of Asian immigrants.

What is this guy on???? Can I have one.

Some of the main reasons for racist tension is the 'unknown', misunderstanding of custom and then the ability of some people to tar an entire race with one brush.

All Canadian women are fat. All Polish women are beautiful and all British schoolgirls are rioting because of it (because he read it from some dodgy source), I bet all Portuguese women have mustaches as well, all Italian women are beautiful until they get married, then they turn Canadian!

I once lived with a Spanish woman, she was absolutely stunning by my standards, but not all Spanish women are the same.

This ex-Czech girlfriend, when she said she didn't like Canadians, are you sure she wasn't being specific about a certain one?
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:44 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Ughh.. please. I don't see how a 50 plus yr old woman can be considered a "sex symbol" in any circle.
I don't think you can have tried many older women, still less older Canadian women, what you need is long night of passion with Rita McNeil.

May I say that this is delightfully silly:

"However, these are all recent developments. In the last 30 to 50 years. I was comparing it to a US example which has been grappling with it for hundreds of years"

On the one hand the Romans battling the Saxons was a race war more than fifty years ago, even the holocaust was more than fifty years ago, on the other the US was only founded in 1776 so, even if it began by grappling with racism it's barely hundreds of years.

What do you make of American women? Judge Judy is an older one who's not too heavy, I reckon she could her warm your loins.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dbd33
On the one hand the Romans battling the Saxons was a race war more than fifty years ago,
True, but haven't they all melded together now, into what is essentially homogeneity?

You go to some American cities and they are majority black for example. Atlanta is 60% black I think and so is Washington DC. That is what I am talking about. Is there anywhere in Europe where you see this? Sure there are heavy Turkish populations in Germany and there are "Asians" in the UK, but it is not like the US.

What do you make of American women? Judge Judy is an older one who's not too heavy, I reckon she could her warm your loins.
I think American women are probably worse than Canadian women in terms of looks and feminity. They look like they just stepped out of Walmart. And let me be clear, it has nothing to do with money. Spanish or European women aren't exactly rich, but they just know how to dress and carry themselves as women.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

True, but haven't they all melded together now, into what is essentially homogeneity?

You go to some American cities and they are majority black for example. Atlanta is 60% black I think and so is Washington DC. That is what I am talking about. Is there anywhere in Europe where you see this?
Bradford.

I think American women are probably worse than Canadian women in terms of looks and feminity. They look like they just stepped out of Walmart.
Paris Hilton?
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

You go to some American cities and they are majority black for example. Atlanta is 60% black I think and so is Washington DC. That is what I am talking about. Is there anywhere in Europe where you see this? Sure there are heavy Turkish populations in Germany and there are "Asians" in the UK, but it is not like the US.

I think American women are probably worse than Canadian women in terms of looks and feminity. They look like they just stepped out of Walmart. And let me be clear, it has nothing to do with money. Spanish or European women aren't exactly rich, but they just know how to dress and carry themselves as women.

Which century do you live in??
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dbd33
Bradford.
The discussion was more about mainland Europe rather than the UK. As the discussion started with overt racism in Spain. I still contend that nowhere in Europe have they had to deal with such mass scale integration issues as they have had to in the US.

And even the UK, if you want to talk about that, I think the Asian population is around 2 to 3 million, out of a total population of 50 plus million. A fairly small percentage of the population.

Paris Hilton?
Skank. But, she is doable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.