Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cochrane or Okotoks

Cochrane or Okotoks

Old Oct 20th 2009, 2:22 am
Banned

Helen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cochrane or Okotoks

[QUOTE=ann m;8028148]Last Halloween some yobs broke four shop windows. This ran front page news for three weeks in the local paper, it was so shocking

Don't forget Ann that a house got broken into last month. It is the only one reported in cochrane this year!!

If you seriously want to know a down side to Cochrane. There are NO yobs, crime is pretty minimal. So we have the great RCMP and bylaw officers doing nothing but drinking coffee and traffic patrols.

I have seen at one spot 4 police cars doing speed traps. At the moment it is seat belt traps, in the next few weeks it is school ground patrols, then December it is drink drive. i know their cycle for tickets.

So I have got use to the fact that to have no yobs, and minimal crime we have to give the police something to do. That means traffic stops. I have got use to that, and feel that to have piece of mind when my sons go out at night then i don't mind the police watching my every move in my car.

As for my vote Cochrane or Oktoks, well it has all been said on other posts, but Cochrane wins every time for me.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:11 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Helen Parnell

So we have the great RCMP and bylaw officers doing nothing but drinking coffee and traffic patrols.
Cochrane RCMP are not only responsible for the town but also the surrounding countryside including the Stoney native reserve around Morley out to the west.

Not a beat I would necessarily want to be working.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Cochrane RCMP are not only responsible for the town but also the surrounding countryside including the Stoney native reserve around Morley out to the west.

Not a beat I would necessarily want to be working.
I went to Cochrane RCMP for fingerprints for Oz police check in the summer. They were fab. SHowed my kids the cells, etc etc as we had to go back into the criminal processing bay.