Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cochrane to Calgary downtown

Cochrane to Calgary downtown

Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Glam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really nice
Default Cochrane to Calgary downtown

Hi folks,

What's the public transport like from Cochrane to downtown Calgary??

Regards,

Gav.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

rodeo star is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cochrane to Calgary downtown

Originally Posted by Glam
Hi folks,

What's the public transport like from Cochrane to downtown Calgary??

Regards,

Gav.
Southland Transportation provide a coach service from outlying towns to downtown calgary. Cochrane is definately a town they serve.
http://www.southland.ca/commuter.html

I believe this is the only provided transport from Cochrane. Southland is a private company, Public transport from Cochrance (again, I believe) does not exist to downtown calgary.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

brummi is on a distinguished road

Yes Southland is the only one and it only runs early morning and late afternoon. The monthly pass is $240.

Cochrane has no other public transport.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:28 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I think most people either drive right into town, or to an LRT station, nearest is Crowfoot now, and take the C-train.

I'd not like to be reliant on a single bus that runs each way .... what if you missed it???
Old Jan 24th 2010, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I've been using the C-Train recently - I drive to Crowfoot - allow 25 mins to get there (because of two sets of traffic lights that should be "gone" soon-ish after roadworks completed - by which time knock off 10 mins) and park up and then pay at the machine ($3 a day).

Trains at rush hour run every five mins so it's easy and because you are at the end of the line, you are guaranteed a seat in the mornings - but not in the afternoon.

It takes me about 50 mins to get to work.

When I get a parking pass next month I think I will drive - it will make the journey home in the afternoon about 15 mins quicker.

The Southland Bus service seems OK, and reasonably well used, but I would feel vulnerable relying on just one option for transport I think. It descends down into Cochrane via Gleneagles Drive about 5.15 in the afternoon, with numerous drop off points - I'm not sure what time kick off is in the morning but I think someone attached a timetable above.

Most people drive all the way .... we love our cars and trucks here
Old Jan 24th 2010, 5:36 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh back in the day prior to immigration, I remember thinking

"it's ok, I don't really need a car to get to work - I can just jump on a bus in Drumheller"

Public transport Canada and public transprt UK are two seperate things
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:38 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys when I move I can walk EVERYwhere (**** I can do that already someone remind me why I'm moving again)
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:58 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Hey guys when I move I can walk EVERYwhere (**** I can do that already someone remind me why I'm moving again)
To remain close to the one most important to you.

No not me you fool.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:03 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
To remain close to the one most important to you.

No not me you fool.
Nah, Conroy is staying in Calgary
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:04 am

Nah, Conroy is staying in Calgary
SWMBO will be apprised of your new proclivity.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:06 am
Banned

SWMBO will be apprised of your new proclivity.
She is already aware that Borque and Gio have been displaced.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:10 am

She is already aware that Borque and Gio have been displaced.
Hmmm must be Flame-outs you're referring to, that's just a guess mind.

Where is the new proposed abode located, pray tell?
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:12 am
Banned

Hmmm must be Flame-outs you're referring to, that's just a guess mind.

Where is the new proposed abode located, pray tell?
35Km (plus an additional 25 minutes apparently) south of Mistress Moo. Otherwise known as Big Valley (which if you care to do a search is VERY ironic).
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:17 am

35Km (plus an additional 25 minutes apparently) south of Mistress Moo. Otherwise known as Big Valley (which if you care to do a search is VERY ironic).
In town or nearby?

Does the railway line end at Big Valley now? It used to go down to Rowley.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:21 am
Banned

In town or nearby?

Does the railway line end at Big Valley now? It used to go down to Rowley.
In town, near the school, opposite the original Ice Rink. Yes the line finishes in BV.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.