Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Coach travel out of Toronto

Coach travel out of Toronto

Old May 6th 2008, 10:43 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Coach travel out of Toronto

Hey all, I just found a great website on another forum.........http://www.megabus.com/us/index.php

You can get coach tickets to NYC (and Buffalo) from Toronto for great prices - I just priced a weekend trip for $50 return
Someone also recommended flying with Porter out of Toronto Island airport to Newark - anyone done this?

I'm so pleased to see a bargain! Now, must do some work today.......

Last edited by ireland2canada; May 6th 2008 at 10:45 am. Reason: Put in dollar sign
Old May 6th 2008, 11:30 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Coach travel out of Toronto

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Hey all, I just found a great website on another forum.........http://www.megabus.com/us/index.php

You can get coach tickets to NYC (and Buffalo) from Toronto for great prices - I just priced a weekend trip for $50 return
Someone also recommended flying with Porter out of Toronto Island airport to Newark - anyone done this?

I'm so pleased to see a bargain! Now, must do some work today.......
I've done some bus travel in both Canada and the USA. A couple of hours would be my limit.

I've used Porter a couple of times to travel between Ottawa and Toronto. I think they're great. The Island airport is very easy to get to if you're in TO, check-in is very quick and the journey is fast (45 minutes gate-to-gate last time). The Newark flight is new. I don't know if the US has put immigration people in TO. Check-in will be longer if they have.
Old May 6th 2008, 12:07 pm

Cheers for that, good to see some positive feedback! I think the Newark flights start at the end of the month, some great prices. I see they also fly to Montreal & Quebec which is very exciting.
Old May 6th 2008, 12:40 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for that, good to see some positive feedback! I think the Newark flights start at the end of the month, some great prices. I see they also fly to Montreal & Quebec which is very exciting.
The Newark flights started in March. You can also fly to Halifax. The Quebec flights seem pretty infrequent and I think they are seasonal (ditto Mt Tremblant). Porter plans to add other US cities in future (Boston, Chicago, Washington and Philly).

I like Porter.
Old May 6th 2008, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

We travelled by coach from Toronto to New York City and it was hellish, 12 hours on a bus is not fun, I guess at least it's cheap.
Old May 6th 2008, 1:27 pm

[QUOTE=Souvenir;6313674]The Newark flights started in March.QUOTE]
I stand corrected

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
We travelled by coach from Toronto to New York City and it was hellish, 12 hours on a bus is not fun, I guess at least it's cheap.
Hellish, aye I suppose 12 hours would be. I had been pricing the train which might be more bareable, but now the plane is the clear winner. I'll be going one way or another!
Old May 6th 2008, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Hellish, aye I suppose 12 hours would be. I had been pricing the train which might be more bareable, but now the plane is the clear winner. I'll be going one way or another!
We went by train from Montreal to NYC at least you can get up and walk around. At that time a last minute flight was going to cost $900 so the train was a lot cheaper. No matter how you get there New York is definitely worth the trip
Old May 6th 2008, 1:37 pm

Oh aye certainly is - I was lucky to be there on Paddy's 'Week' last year. If I don't go visit my mates down there while I'm in Toronto, I'll be excommunicated for sure. No pressure there then
Old May 6th 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

The furthest I have done is Toronto - Buffalo in 2003, I wouldn't do it now but I used to really love going on the bus compared to the plane.

I made lots of trips on Eurolines, a lot were over 24 hours, like London - Vienna, it always used to be my first option as I hate flying. The last trip I made was to Brussels in 2004.