Reload this Page >

Club foot in horses

Club foot in horses

Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:36 pm
In the boonies

drivemel2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Club foot in horses

Originally Posted by Mikelesley
Hi all - can I have peoples opinion on club foot on a horse. It is not bad and barely noticable - doesn't seem to affect him in his gait etc, just I have never had any experience with this and just wondered your thoughts. He wears shoes with plates in on the front.
Hi Lesley
It sounds like you have fallen in love with this horse, which has clouded your judgement, Iam sure some of us have been there, myself included!. But a club foot is considered a serious conformational defect and any good 'Horse' vet would probably fail him. The club foot may not be bad now but as they get older they usually worsen due to lack of frog pressure, this makes the foot contract even more. Avoid the heartache and the extra cost of remedial farriery etc, etc. Buy something else. -Next time look at a horse from the ground up not the other way round.

Good luck
Mel
Old Nov 11th 2009, 1:03 am

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Club foot in horses

Lesley

I would take the advise of the others, keep looking, there is alot going in town at the moment, like Mrs M i was offered one afew weeks ago for our kids........
after being brought up with horses etc i still would love one again, but not a good idea until we are fully settled

Like Mrs B i am also in the bridge, there is some good dealers around, need any info feel free to PM, although the horses looks fab, you dont want to end up paying a fortune out
Hope that helps
LB