Reload this Page >

Citizenship timeline

Citizenship timeline

Old Sep 25th 2013, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Benoit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship timeline

Hello,

Our citizenship application was received by CIC on July 17th. Has anyone else applied for citizenship at the same time and already received their book and confirmation letter?

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get it?

I have tried to use their online service using our client ID numbers we had when we applied for PR but they don’t seem to be working. Do they give you a new client ID when you apply for citizenship or do they keep the same?

Thanks,

Benoit
Old Sep 26th 2013, 1:16 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship timeline

According to the CIC website, it's currently 25 month processing time. That's based on receipt of application to final processing from 1st Oct 2011 to September 30th 2012. You can check here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...processing.asp

I never actually received the book from them on submission, so I went to the website and requested one, and I think you can also get a PDF version.

If you already have a client id then it should be the same one. I've certainly had the same one since I was issued in in 2003 on TWP, and then used it through a few renewals of TWP, then PR and finally Citizenship.

I seem to remember that it took quite some time before I could see anything through the online eCAS system - probably about 12 months I think.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 1:25 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Sent in March, got a book and letter last month. The wait continues.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Thanks.

I guess I’ll just have to be patient! I thought it only took 6 to 8 weeks to get the letter of acknowledgement and the book.
Old Sep 27th 2013, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

When checking my status I put my country of origin as England not UK for some reason that works!!
Old Sep 27th 2013, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

jaysangha is an unknown quantity at this point

It all depends on how long the office in Sydney takes to do the preliminary assessment. The bulk of the delay (upto the stated 25 mths) is at the local office where you would sit the test from what I understand. I applied at the beginning of August and had my forms sent back four weeks later becuase I forget to sign a page! DUH.
The online system is useless. I was told that once they have done the preliminary assessment and determined you have supplied all the info required, the status online will be updated - and then stuck at processing until you sit the test and attend the ceremony!
Old Sep 27th 2013, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

I have had to complete the dreaded residency questionnaire! The waiting time is currently 36 months!! That has to be some big in-tray! Its really annoying as I would like to apply to the CBSA or RCMP but not until i get my citizenship. Maybe there should be an agreement that you dont have to pay taxes while your application is being processed, i bet that would speed things along!!
Old Sep 27th 2013, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by allycat231
When checking my status I put my country of origin as England not UK for some reason that works!!
I was born in France so at least I don't to worry about this!

Originally Posted by jaysangha
It all depends on how long the office in Sydney takes to do the preliminary assessment. The bulk of the delay (upto the stated 25 mths) is at the local office where you would sit the test from what I understand. I applied at the beginning of August and had my forms sent back four weeks later becuase I forget to sign a page! DUH.
The online system is useless. I was told that once they have done the preliminary assessment and determined you have supplied all the info required, the status online will be updated - and then stuck at processing until you sit the test and attend the ceremony!
I sent mine 11 weeks ago so hopefully it means that they won't send it back to me...
Old Sep 27th 2013, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure how much this helps, but I had to apply for a corrected proof of citizenship certificate due to a change of name.

I sent everything around the 6th of July, and called them a couple of weeks ago to see if they'd even received it. I was told at that point they were issuing acknowledgement letters for applications received on June 30th. I got mine last week. Sounds like the right timeline for you to get yours soon, if they're in the same pile.
Old Sep 27th 2013, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dashie
I'm not sure how much this helps, but I had to apply for a corrected proof of citizenship certificate due to a change of name.

I sent everything around the 6th of July, and called them a couple of weeks ago to see if they'd even received it. I was told at that point they were issuing acknowledgement letters for applications received on June 30th. I got mine last week. Sounds like the right timeline for you to get yours soon, if they're in the same pile.
That's really good know. Thanks for the info!
Old Sep 28th 2013, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, we are just starting to look at the application for Citizenship. Can I ask what you guys used for the proof of English bit...can I just submit GCSE certificate and post secondary Diploma Certificate? Thanks.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
Hi, we are just starting to look at the application for Citizenship. Can I ask what you guys used for the proof of English bit...can I just submit GCSE certificate and post secondary Diploma Certificate? Thanks.
Hi There,

We sent ours off a few weeks ago, it says somewhere in the guidelines that you can supply secondary and post secondary certificates as proof, that's what we did.

Good Luck!
Old Sep 30th 2013, 1:41 am
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kmcguinness
Hi There,

We sent ours off a few weeks ago, it says somewhere in the guidelines that you can supply secondary and post secondary certificates as proof, that's what we did.

Good Luck!
Think someone was having a bad day when the received our submission as they refused to accept a degree from an English university as proof......
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

I submitted my citizenship application late April early May 2012....then I got the dreaded "residence questionnaire" in May 2013. (Which is ridiculous because I've only been out of the country twice in the last 4 years!)

Anyway, after taking amost a month to gather all of the information for the questionnaire it was submitted in late June early July 2013.
I suspect another year before I hear anything

If I was you, forget all about it for the next year.....you won't hear a dicky bird for ages!

Originally Posted by Benoit
Hello,

Our citizenship application was received by CIC on July 17th. Has anyone else applied for citizenship at the same time and already received their book and confirmation letter?

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get it?

I have tried to use their online service using our client ID numbers we had when we applied for PR but they don’t seem to be working. Do they give you a new client ID when you apply for citizenship or do they keep the same?

Thanks,

Benoit
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

I have just checked ECAS using the client ID I was given when I applied for PR and it finally came back with something...

It shows that our application is "In Process" and it says:

"1-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 18, 2013.

2-We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 18, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3-We started processing your application on September 26, 2013."

I haven't received anything... you would thing that I would have received something by now if they had sent the letter on July 18th. No?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.