Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Citizenship time line

Citizenship time line

Old Dec 22nd 2013, 7:37 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship time line

Originally Posted by magnumpi
No I didn't, I did not want an unfair advantage.
That was your big shot at an ambassadorial role.

Oh well.

I'm yet to hear anything from them on my application. Sent it early November. I guess there is no confirmation letter?
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 7:56 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Citizenship time line

Originally Posted by JamesM
That was your big shot at an ambassadorial role.

Oh well.

I'm yet to hear anything from them on my application. Sent it early November. I guess there is no confirmation letter?
Ambassador eh

just think of all those Ferro Roche receptions he will miss out on , oh seƱor ambassador you are really spoiling us with these Ferro Roche
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond repute

So went today Dec 20th, and sat the test, then after had a short interview and passport stamp checks and now all done bar the swearing.

The employees at Mississauga were very polite and very organised. I got the results of my test, a pass no errors, and the date and a form for the ceremony on Jan 2, 2014.
Congratulations! Interesting that you got the ceremony date straight after the test. From reading elsewhere it seems that some get sent a letter, some get phoned and some get it at the test. Is there any rhyme or reason to this?
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 8:29 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

We have friends in BC and they did test ect last week and told 4-6 months. Mississauga office has the biggest oath room in Canada and is the busiest office. Maybe they just good at their job there.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 1:39 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

We have friends in BC and they did test ect last week and told 4-6 months. Mississauga office has the biggest oath room in Canada and is the busiest office. Maybe they just good at their job there.
A room for the biggest oath in all of Canada? A whole room? What's the word?
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 3:59 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
A room for the biggest oath in all of Canada? A whole room? What's the word?
The word is "The Oath Room" now just let it lie Bats :@)
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of

So went today Dec 20th, and sat the test, then after had a short interview and passport stamp checks and now all done bar the swearing.

The employees at Mississauga were very polite and very organised. I got the results of my test, a pass no errors, and the date and a form for the ceremony on Jan 2, 2014.
Congratulations! You overtook me at the final stretch.

I recevied my citizenship date on Dec 20 as well, exactly one month after passing the test. My date is January 16.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 8:08 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

The word is "The Oath Room" now just let it lie Bats :@)
Nooo, i could have let it lie but I won't...
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by bats
Nooo, i could have let it lie but I won't...

Congrats to you too Dan
Old Dec 24th 2013, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Today I received a letter dated December 17, 2013 with the subject: 'Notice to prepare for your citizenship exam' - Form CIT 0521 (12-2013) E GCMS), which states the following:

'Dear Sir/Madam:

You are receiving this letter because you and/or a family member have submitted a residence questionnaire and supporting documentation to your local Citizenship and Immigration Centre. Your documentation will be examined to determine whether you have met the residence requirement for citizenship. In the meantime, to ensure that all required checks are completed before referring your application to a Citizenship Judge for a decision, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will schedule you and your family members for a written exam in the coming months*. We are sending you this notice to inform you that your case is moving forward and to allow you time to prepare for your exam.

Every person between the ages of 18 and 54 years of age must appear for this exam. If you are 55 years of age or older, you will be called in for an interview to verify your documentation instead. Minors, who were under the age of 18 when they applied, are not required to take a citizenship exam. If you have already taken your exam, please disregard this notice.

Your notice to appear for a written exam will be mailed to you at least two weeks before the date of your exam. The notice will explain where and when your exam will be scheduled and which documents you must bring with you on that day.

Yours truly,

Citizenship Official

* Please note that your scheduled exam may be delayed if security, criminal and immigration background checks are not complete"

I applied in April 2012 and returned my residence questionnaire 6 months ago in June 2013 - Vancouver office.

Last edited by adele; Dec 24th 2013 at 4:54 am.
Old Dec 24th 2013, 1:18 pm

Did they send "Discover Canada" book ?
Old Dec 24th 2013, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=adele;11049943]Today I received a letter dated December 17, 2013 with the subject: 'Notice to prepare for your citizenship exam' - Form CIT 0521 (12-2013) E GCMS), which states the following:
[B]

My dates are the same as yours, so maybe i will get a letter too? (also had a RQ) Then again I am in Nova Scotia maybe slower here? I still cant believe it takes 35 months to process an application. I have an application in with the CBSA and they will not consider it, untill i get my citizenship, so annoying.
Old Dec 24th 2013, 3:00 pm

[QUOTE=allycat231;11050301]
Originally Posted by adele
Today I received a letter dated December 17, 2013 with the subject: 'Notice to prepare for your citizenship exam' - Form CIT 0521 (12-2013) E GCMS), which states the following:
[B]

My dates are the same as yours, so maybe i will get a letter too? (also had a RQ) Then again I am in Nova Scotia maybe slower here? I still cant believe it takes 35 months to process an application. I have an application in with the CBSA and they will not consider it, untill i get my citizenship, so annoying.
Mine took 7 and a bit months start to finish
Old Dec 24th 2013, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you have an residency questionaire to complete?
Old Dec 24th 2013, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by allycat231
Did you have an residency questionaire to complete?
It was returned and I was asked to send all pages of all passports but no further docs to fill in. So I supose that's a no ?

Plus, living near to the centre of the universe may help

Last edited by magnumpi; Dec 24th 2013 at 3:36 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.