Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Citizenship / "school Records"

Citizenship / "school Records"

Old Nov 7th 2012, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship / "school Records"

Please shoot me in the head with these forms.

So my husband did the usual completed forms in the summer for Citizenship and then didnt do anything with them

Now the forms have changed and the information you have to send off to CIC has also slightly changed.

So the forms have now changed so that the parents put the dependent kids on their application form and then you have to send in supporting evidence

4. School Records

Provide photocopies of all your official school records if applicable for the relevant four (4) year period immediately preceding the date of your application, provide.

In addition, provide photocopies of official school records for any dependent children in Canada or abroad even if you are not applying for Canadian citizenship on their behalf.

What did people send in as this supporting documentation
Old Nov 7th 2012, 12:05 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship / "school Records"

I'd use copies of their school reports , the school should be able to provide these for you. You could also ask for a letter confirming your child's attendance for the proceeding 4 years. if you draft it out as to what you need it to say , someone at the school should be able to bung it on headed paper and sign it.

Probably the guidance dept would be your best bet. It's not an unusual request, especially of your school has a reasonable numb er of immigrant children , you may find that they've dealt with this stuff before
Old Nov 7th 2012, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I'd use copies of their school reports , the school should be able to provide these for you. You could also ask for a letter confirming your child's attendance for the proceeding 4 years. if you draft it out as to what you need it to say , someone at the school should be able to bung it on headed paper and sign it.

Probably the guidance dept would be your best bet. It's not an unusual request, especially of your school has a reasonable numb er of immigrant children , you may find that they've dealt with this stuff before
Thanks Zoe - so if I have a full set of reports I can just photocopy them right ?

My daughter started college this September so I can use her acceptance letter for her college course to prove from Sept 2012 to date - right?
Old Nov 7th 2012, 2:46 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see youI think you can get something from the school other than a report, I seem to remember having to get something a few years ago, something like a transcript, I called the Public School Board and they sent something in the post or I picked it up, sorry I can't remember the specifics (looks like I'll be getting some sort of record now too for our forms that I obviously now have to reprint)
Old Nov 7th 2012, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Nice to see youI think you can get something from the school other than a report, I seem to remember having to get something a few years ago, something like a transcript, I called the Public School Board and they sent something in the post or I picked it up, sorry I can't remember the specifics (looks like I'll be getting some sort of record now too for our forms that I obviously now have to reprint)
Hey Piff nice to see you too - yeah wondered whether I would be able to get something from the school board
Old Nov 7th 2012, 3:33 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure that transcripts have attendance dates on them , we just usually pull a report from our attendance database to show enrollment/attendances, I'm not sure what documents school boards produce ( my experience is with private schools) but if you approach the school , tell them what you need and why they should be able to assist