Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Citizenship - proof of residency delay?

Citizenship - proof of residency delay?

Old Jun 13th 2013, 2:16 am
Going back....

Scrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship - proof of residency delay?

This may already have been covered (if so please point me to the thread!) but I'd love to know if anyone else's application has been delayed because additional proof of residency had to be submitted and their application is now stuck in a large pile waiting for this additional form to be processed? We applied in October 2010 and are still waiting because of this and our residency status is perfect.....
Old Jun 13th 2013, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship - proof of residency delay?

Originally Posted by Scrapcat
This may already have been covered (if so please point me to the thread!) but I'd love to know if anyone else's application has been delayed because additional proof of residency had to be submitted and their application is now stuck in a large pile waiting for this additional form to be processed? We applied in October 2010 and are still waiting because of this and our residency status is perfect.....

I just sent back my RQ this week to the Vancouver office. I applied in April 2012. I would imagine the delay this causes varies quite a bit from local office to local office. It took me 3 years to get PR, and now I'm wondering if I'll get citizenship any quicker...

Hope you hear something soon
Old Jun 13th 2013, 10:10 am
Going back....

Scrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond repute

I assume RQ is a residency questionnaire? Is it a routine thing as a friend of ours who applied after us and is now a citizen never had one? Is it because we run our own business?
The form we filled in didn't seem routine - it was a good 12 pages long and demanded details of residence since landing (not just the past 3 years), bank statements, medical records, evidence of social activities in the community, proof of employment ( or business records), school details for children etc etc etc. It was intrusive and seemed to imply that 'we don't believe you are actually living here, so prove that you do'
When we weren't invited to the last citizenship test held locally we called to ask why and were told that it was because this residency form hadn't been processed yet and that we wouldn't get an invite until it had..... Is it just us?
Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

poll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi we had the same thing done to us, it wasn't a form though. They wanted extra info so i sent in property tax notices ,phone contracts, school reports and anything else i could find to cover the last few years.
It didn't delay the process as far as im aware, became Citizens last week after applying Jan 2012.
Good Luck