Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Citizenship photographs in the UK?

Wikiposts

Citizenship photographs in the UK?

Old Oct 10th 2009, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

LondonderryMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Citizenship photographs in the UK?

Hey guys.

Just wondering where did the people that applied for a citizenship certifcate get the proper photographs with the signature strip along the bottom in the UK? Is there any particular stores that can do them? It says on the form that general passport photos aren't accepted.

Thanks for the help!
Old Oct 10th 2009, 8:40 am
Just Joined

gregster119 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Citizenship photographs in the UK?

Hi just did this yesterday for my son in my local Truprint store.

they took regular british passport photos which are the same width (35mm). as the 4 photos are printed off with a white border i then cut them out with a 8 mm signature strip at the bottom using part of the border (the rest of the border around his face I cut off to ensure the width came to 35mm and took of the border along the top of the photo). to ensure the overall length didnt exceed the 53 mm requirement i cut the border to 8mm as it can measure between 6 and 10mm but the overall length cannot measure more than 53mm. so the picture was 45mm and the border 8mm-this was the nearest i could get measurement wise.

all the other photo shops i went to eg jessops couldnt help at all and looked at me like i'd given them an alien set of measurements and kept referring me to canadian passport measurements which are not the same requirements-they had never even heard of citizenship photographs.

truprint charged 5.99 for the four photos although as you may know only 2 are required. i took the printout from the cic website with me which helped the lady with the measurements and position of my sons head in the picture. she zoomed in on his face to ensure it was within the 25-35mm guidelines.

hope my explanation makes sense and helps!!
Old Oct 10th 2009, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

LondonderryMan is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks gregster!

perfect response, just what i was hoping for. I read it can take anywhere from 12-15months to actually get the certificate!! Fingers crossed it happens faster than that!
Old Oct 11th 2009, 12:00 am
Just Joined

gregster119 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I was also advised 12-15 months it would be great if it came before this but from reading other posts about timescales im very doubtful!
Old Oct 11th 2009, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Yelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really nice

We used a photo booth in Sainsburys and the pictures were okay for the wife and I. However the dimensions for the kids' heads were too small and the toddler won't sit still (people going by objected to my suggestion to tie her to the seat! ) so we had to go to a photography shop. We found Snappy Snaps (Edgware) and again they only did 4 pictures as a minimum but they were very helpful. They can be found on:

http://www.snappysnaps.co.uk