Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Citizenship exam and the flu

Citizenship exam and the flu

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship exam and the flu

Tuppence and I are sitting the exam this afternoon both with raging fevers and shivers. Going to be fun especially for those around us!
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:10 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship exam and the flu

Good Luck! You could always skip it and reschedule I suspect...
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh good luck

Drugs. That's all I have to say really. Lots of drugs.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

For anyone waiting the exam was a breeze

Originally Posted by ann m
Ahh good luck

Drugs. That's all I have to say really. Lots of drugs.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

edwinslad has a brilliant futureedwinslad has a brilliant futureedwinslad has a brilliant futureedwinslad has a brilliant futureedwinslad has a brilliant futureedwinslad has a brilliant futureedwinslad has a brilliant future

Dominik Diamond took his "exam" on CKBW radio today, pretty funny. South Shore radio Nova Scotia.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 3:30 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SAW 04
Thanks

For anyone waiting the exam was a breeze
We took ours on Monday and I felt sorry for those who presumably were struggling due to language issues. There were candidates from 35 countries.

You get 30 mins for 20 multi-guess questions, and we were instructed to bring our papers to the front when we were done. I finished quite quickly, but when I looked up nobody had moved so I didn't want to be first to get up.
I went through all the paper again, just in case I'd made some dumb error (has been known), and then waited until 4-5 people had gone up.

Then we had to return to our seats to wait out the full half hour, as they marked our papers as we gave them in, and then had us come up individually to tell us if we passed or not as the ceremony was that afternoon.

Some people took until the last minute to finish the 20 questions. I hope everyone passed ... and I believe they might have, as we had the expected 130 citizens sworn in that day!
Old Dec 4th 2010, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alberta_Rose
We took ours on Monday and I felt sorry for those who presumably were struggling due to language issues. There were candidates from 35 countries.

You get 30 mins for 20 multi-guess questions, and we were instructed to bring our papers to the front when we were done. I finished quite quickly, but when I looked up nobody had moved so I didn't want to be first to get up.
I went through all the paper again, just in case I'd made some dumb error (has been known), and then waited until 4-5 people had gone up.

Then we had to return to our seats to wait out the full half hour, as they marked our papers as we gave them in, and then had us come up individually to tell us if we passed or not as the ceremony was that afternoon.

Some people took until the last minute to finish the 20 questions. I hope everyone passed ... and I believe they might have, as we had the expected 130 citizens sworn in that day!

that's great news - congratulations
wish they were that organised in Nova Scotia. Only 6 people sat the exam with the kids and they've been told they have to wait 3-6 months for the swearing in ceremony