Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Citizenship application processing times at CIC

Citizenship application processing times at CIC

Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold
Default Citizenship application processing times at CIC

Guys:
Anyone recently got citizenship? Can you give us an idea of how long it took? Checking the CIC Website it looks like 5 months from receiving the application to be able to check on e-CAS, to 12 months to ceremony. Is this realistic?
I applied in February 2009 - and heard nothing since...
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship application processing times at CIC

Originally Posted by Snave
Guys:
Anyone recently got citizenship? Can you give us an idea of how long it took? Checking the CIC Website it looks like 5 months from receiving the application to be able to check on e-CAS, to 12 months to ceremony. Is this realistic?
I applied in February 2009 - and heard nothing since...
Friends of ours just got theirs - 12 months start to finish. Ours have just gone in the mail.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

MR MOM will become famous soon enoughMR MOM will become famous soon enough

Applied last October an heard 6 months later with acknowledgement saying a further 12-18 months.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:49 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MR MOM
Applied last October an heard 6 months later with acknowledgement saying a further 12-18 months.
Oh how things have changed. In 1975, as a British subject, I just went to the Citizenship Office in Brampton. I paid $5 or whatever it was then, answered a couple of questions, put my right hand on The Good Book, swore the Oath and that was it. No big ceremony, nothing. I have never regretted that day !
Old Jun 13th 2009, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

MR MOM will become famous soon enoughMR MOM will become famous soon enough

Exactly, how bloody difficult can it be. we jumped through enough hoops 4 years ago and still we have to fill out 3 million bloody forms and send copies of uncle tom cobbly and all..!!and still we wait.......................In the mean time our PR cards will soon be out of date and they will want more cash to renew those,,,bandits!!