Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Childminders in Ontario / GTA

Childminders in Ontario / GTA

Old Dec 26th 2014, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Roberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Childminders in Ontario / GTA

Hi all,

Merry Christmas and all that !

In our preparations for our potential move to (somewhere) in Ontario, Greater Toronto Area, I was wondering if anyone can recommend any reputable childminder / Nanny companies?

As my wife and I both expect to be working to sustain a decent standard of living, either myself full time and her part time or vice versa.. We will potentially require a childminder to help us with our two daughters. At the moment aged 2 +4. (Dropping off / picking up from school, making meals etc)

I'll be honest. As a Father, Its not something I am entirely comfortable with. Having to trust a stranger with our kids... But realise it may be necessary when / if we ever make the move over to Canada.

Here we have no childcare issues. (I work full time and my wife pretty much chooses her shifts around mine) And with the Grandparents always keen to help, we have luckily never had a problem.

How have others coped with this situation after making the move?

Be good to hear any recommendations and experiences.

Thanks

Last edited by Roberto1980; Dec 26th 2014 at 2:28 pm.
Old Dec 26th 2014, 6:41 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Childminders in Ontario / GTA

Where's that other thread.......
Old Dec 26th 2014, 7:29 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Bristol

I suspect it's something you will have to suss out when you choose an area and arrive there after talking to other parents. It might be wise to factor in a period of time off to help the children adjust anyway and will give you time to talk to other parents about better childcare in whatever area you end up in.

Childcare is just difficult, and we don't have much social time off... Although that being said we didn't rely on family in the UK either so not a huge difference to our lives. I suspect if you have grandparents that do a lot for you, losing that will be a big thing to adjust to.
Old Dec 26th 2014, 10:44 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roberto1980
Hi all,

In our preparations for our potential move to (somewhere) in Ontario, Greater Toronto Area, I was wondering if anyone can recommend any reputable childminder / Nanny companies?

Thanks
This is, I think, the fourth thread you've started since you joined BE, each of them asking unanswerable, fairly low priority questions.

You've yet to mention how you are going to immigrate or why you believe it might be possible for you and your family to do so.

Happy Boxing Day.
Old Dec 26th 2014, 11:49 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roberto1980
Hi all,

As my wife and I both expect to be working to sustain a decent standard of living, either myself full time and her part time or vice versa.. We will potentially require a childminder to help us with our two daughters. At the moment aged 2 +4. (Dropping off / picking up from school, making meals etc)

I'll be honest. As a Father, Its not something I am entirely comfortable with. Having to trust a stranger with our kids... But realise it may be necessary when / if we ever make the move over to Canada.

Here we have no childcare issues. (I work full time and my wife pretty much chooses her shifts around mine) And with the Grandparents always keen to help, we have luckily never had a problem.

How have others coped with this situation after making the move?

Be good to hear any recommendations and experiences.

Thanks
Why are you moving?
Old Dec 27th 2014, 3:26 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Nannies online. costs $$$ though.
Old Dec 27th 2014, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Roberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond reputeRoberto1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
This is, I think, the fourth thread you've started since you joined BE, each of them asking unanswerable, fairly low priority questions.

You've yet to mention how you are going to immigrate or why you believe it might be possible for you and your family to do so.

Happy Boxing Day.
Here we go again.

Why is it unanswerable? For all i know there could be a trusted / go- to branded company people use that I havent found on a google search.

If you dont know of any well known national, or reputable local childminder companies then feel free not to trouble yourself on boxing day by replying negatively to the thread.

The possibility of having to potentially deal with childcare in a new country IS a priority to me.
It is just one of many topics my wife and I need to look at. Topics that I feel are removong the rose tinted glasses and dealing with practical issues.

Why do you feel I have to explain our immigration process to you?
We will have PR. Im sure you would have known this bit of info since you are so keen on keeping tabs on every post I write on here.

Last edited by Roberto1980; Dec 27th 2014 at 6:08 am.
Old Dec 27th 2014, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bats
Why are you moving?
The reason behind that is another thread in itself! Lol
Old Dec 27th 2014, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Lychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond repute

Childminder isn't a term you see used in Canada. Daycare, babysitting, childcare - try those searchterms for better results.
Old Dec 27th 2014, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lychee
Childminder isn't a term you see used in Canada. Daycare, babysitting, childcare - try those searchterms for better results.
Thank you
Old Dec 27th 2014, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

These two sites provide info on Ontario Child Care, this one Welcome to the Ontario Home Daycare Directory is a directory of childcare providers in various cities. And this one What to Look For - ADCO :: The Association of Day Care Operators of Ontario :: Childcare Today gives information on types of childcare available and how they are regulated.