Reload this Page >

Childcare in toronto

Childcare in toronto

Old May 30th 2012, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Debbieken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Childcare in toronto

Hi everyone,

Have read a few threads re childcare in Toronto and in particular the shortage of quality daycare.

We are moving in Feb and hope to settle in the East End/Beaches area and wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to any local ones or any Toronto wide ones with multiple branches?

Thanks
Old May 30th 2012, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

chasingsun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Childcare in toronto

Best to google now and see what you can find, I am in Mississauga and have quit work as could not find any daycare under $2000 per month for 2 kids. I have been on a wait list since my first was born in Jan 2010 and still have no space....

Try Weewatch, they are a home day care company and are cheaper but i couldnt find a provider who spoke English as a first Language..
Old May 31st 2012, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Lvh76 is on a distinguished road

Hi! We moved to The Beach last week and I struggled to find a preschool for my 3.5 year old. She went to preschool twice a week between 9.15 and 2.45 back home and I found it hard to find an equivalent here. The daycare provisions were for a couple of hours a day twice a week in the places I looked. The state school Kew Beach has 2 year waiting list which I'm putting her and my 16 nth old son on. We have placed her in a Montessori school starting in Sept, 5 days a week (short days) and its about $15000 per year. It was the only option really because she needs more than a couple if hours a week and if we return back to the uk after 2 years I don't want her to be behind. I really want to go back to work in the autumn and have no idea what to do about daycare for my son. I might have to explore the nanny option
Old May 31st 2012, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Lvh76 is on a distinguished road

Ps we had a relocation agent doing the search for us and they found it hard to find places available. You, at least have a lot of time to plan. PM me if I can help in anyway x