Old Jul 30th 2004, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

jasslily is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cheeky driving license swap

whats wrong with this..

swapping your GBP driving license for a German one
and then
swopiing German license for Canadian one in B.C

as I have seen a German one is exchangeable in B.C. for a Canadian one.

is it illegal, unethical or too expensive.

I have driven in Canada quite a lot in the pass, but can't be bothered to go thru all that test stuff .....

any suggestions .....
Old Jul 31st 2004, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

wizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud of

you will probably find that you are required to have held the licence you are swapping (ie the german one) for a defined period of time. In Ontario it is 2 years experience so it is probably something similar in BC. Otherwise you'd be as well swapping your UK one for an Ontario one with no test then swapping the Ontario one for a BC one etc.

Drew
Old Jul 31st 2004, 3:23 am
squarepants

Your experience is taken into consideration, and that shows on your ontario licence, the 4 white dots of a red strip below your picture, it shows you have been driving for more than 4yrs, which is what you need to be in a car with a learner driver.

Take this to other provinces, and no questions will be asked, as it is all on the system.

Old Jul 31st 2004, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice
Default Re: cheeky driving license swap

Originally posted by jasslily
whats wrong with this..
...swapping your GBP driving license for a German one
and then
swopiing German license for Canadian one in B.C...
The main thing wrong with it is that it will take a lot more effort than a very straight forward 20 minute test.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

It's a pain that B.C hasn't done what Ontario did earlier this year.

I did my written test and then found it near impossible to get a driving test as the system is so backlogged! Then one day they decide just to exchange U.K licences for Ontario ones. That solved that problem!
Old Jul 31st 2004, 5:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Interested
It's a pain that B.C hasn't done what Ontario did earlier this year.

I did my written test and then found it near impossible to get a driving test as the system is so backlogged! Then one day they decide just to exchange U.K licences for Ontario ones. That solved that problem!
You're from Ontario???