Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cheapest month to fly from UK to Alberta or Toronto?

Cheapest month to fly from UK to Alberta or Toronto?

Old Dec 18th 2008, 2:55 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Post Cheapest month to fly from UK to Alberta or Toronto?

Hi, I'm thinking to immigrate to Canada but before that I'd like to see what the country is like. I wonder if anyone knows whats the best time to get deals on flights and from which UK airport? I'm single so doesnt matter when I fly as long as I can get holidays approved from work.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 3:36 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest month to fly from UK to Alberta or Toronto?

Cheaper scheduled flights (British Airways and Air Canada) tend to be cheapest in October to early December and from January to March. If you can get something around 400 pounds return for Alberta then you are doing well. You can also route through the US with a US airline but that will add extra time to your journey. e.g. for flights to Vancouver it is often cheaper to fly to Seattle and then get a bus up to Vancouver (couple of hours).

For charters, I would suspect that similar times of year (if the flights are available) would also be cheapest, although if you have the flexibility you can sometimes get some great last minute deals, for example on Canadian Affair (who are a travel agent that use flights by Monarch, Thomas Cook and Air Transat). Another charter flight company is Globespan.

Some people prefer scheduled flights (a bit more choice if a flight gets cancelled), others prefer charters (often cheaper but can be subject to inconvenient cancellations at last minute with little options available to reschedule). Sometimes the scheduled airlines can be as cheap as the charters when a seat sale is on.

There are often seat sales in the New Year so keep your eyes peeled.

Have fun!
Flossie
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:58 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Early May is usually a good time.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

mandyandjohn is just really nicemandyandjohn is just really nicemandyandjohn is just really nicemandyandjohn is just really nicemandyandjohn is just really nicemandyandjohn is just really nicemandyandjohn is just really nicemandyandjohn is just really nicemandyandjohn is just really nicemandyandjohn is just really nice

Try the website www.canadianaffair.com.

May is a cheaper time to go and the weather wasn't too bad when we went to Calgary from Manchester in May '08. We paid less than £400.00 per person but we booked in January. If we had waited until March or April could have got £100.00 off that price so worth checking their website regularly.

The seating was very roomy too and a very comfortable flight. They use Thomas Cook 330 Airbuses.

Be warned though, we had a one stop flight because we flew on a Friday and had to fly to Heathrow which added nearly 3 hours on to the flight but the flight and service was excellent. They do non stop flights also but I think on Sundays.

Hope this helps.