Reload this Page >

Cheap Rental Accomadation

Cheap Rental Accomadation

Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

262kph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheap Rental Accomadation

Hi,

As we are currently unable to sell our property in the uk due to the housing market slump, we are thinking of coming over to Halifax, NS, at the end of August for a couple of months. The idea being to do our driving test, set up National insurance number ( if thats what you call it?) etc. Hopefully all while the weather is still fairly good.

I will be looking for somewhere cheap to rent. Any ideas how i could find such places? I had thought about places like Econlodge, or a b&b, or a apartment?

I dont know where to start though?

Thanks
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:52 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap Rental Accomadation

How many months would you need it for?
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

262kph is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
How many months would you need it for?
I think we would be looking at 2-3 months. This would give us the time to get our residency sorted aswell as everything else hopefully. Its all a bit up in the air at the moment. We have just changed Estate agents here and reduced the price by £20k. If something happened between now and end August, i.e selling, then we wouldnt need to rent as we would be able to come over and live properly.

Its all such a dilemma.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

You'll be hard pushed to find any places to rent in classifieds etc for that short a period.

We rented for only 4 weeks (could have had longer if needed). You obviously pay more than a normal rental but you will not be 'locked' into a long lease. It also worked out cheaper and better for us (family of 5) than a motel or hotel.

If you want the details of where we stayed, pm me and I'll gladly pass on numbers etc.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 6:41 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

We did the same as above - again PM if you require any details.