Cheap phonecalls UK to Canada

Old Nov 23rd 2004, 11:26 pm
Bud
Forum Regular

Bud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheap phonecalls canada to uk

Originally Posted by farmgirl
what about cheap calls canada to uk?
we are stuck with sasktel which is 70 cents to uk mobiles , i have to call them for work
i swopped to sprint which was half price but they could never connect the calls and i just got a deadline so often i couldnt work and the line quality was poor , despite being told they were using the same lines as saktel and they screwed up changing to them and back and cut me off completely for 2 days

help! my phone bill is $400 a month
Hi,

I would suggest www.skype.com. If I recall correctly their price for the UK is around 2 pence a minute (not sure if its the same when you call a mobile but it would be somewhere close, I believe). I personally haven't used skype for making the phone calls but have used it for pc2pc calling and it was very good. I used it extensively for work and hosted conference calls etc.

Since I posted last in this thread I found another simillar service at www.stanaphone.com. I believe their price for the UK is around 2cents US. This one I tried and am very satisfied both with the quality of the service and the costs. Just be sure to get a headset with a microphone.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.