Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cheap Internal Flights?

Cheap Internal Flights?

Old Feb 13th 2006, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Nurse Ratched and Patient is a jewel in the roughNurse Ratched and Patient is a jewel in the roughNurse Ratched and Patient is a jewel in the roughNurse Ratched and Patient is a jewel in the roughNurse Ratched and Patient is a jewel in the rough
Default Cheap Internal Flights?

Hi all
We're off to Toronto in April for a fortnight and wanted to make a trip to BC whilst we're there (we know it's a long flight). Does anyone know the cheapest companies to get return flights from Toronto to Vancouver or Kelowna (say) ?
Cheers
Emma and Steve
Old Feb 13th 2006, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really nice
Default Re: Cheap Internal Flights?

The following airlines have flights between Toronto and Vancouver:

www.aircanada.ca
www.westjet.ca
www.canjet.ca
www.e-airlines.ca

I'm not sure that any of them will have what you consider "cheap" flights, especially after all the taxes, fuel surcharges, etc are added in. Canada doesn't really have low-cost airlines as Europe does.

FYI, it must be 5000 or 6000 miles between the two cities, or a 6 hour flight, so a short side trip may end up quite expensive.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 8:28 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Also try the US carriers, you'll hub through one or more US cities but it's usually cheaper than going across Canada. I don't bother looking at each site but just check travelocity and expedia.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Island_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud of

West Jet is usually one of the cheepest for BC also check out flights from the likes of Transat they have set times but can be cheeper.

West Jet has some cheep specials going on at the moment I beleive juat depends on where your going too in BC the smaller the place the more expensive the flight good luck on finding something.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Colsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura about

WestJet does $57 + taxes flights but you have to keep checking as the prices change daily. The optimum time to book seems to be about 3-4 weeks in advance. Jazz are the economy part of Air Canada, they usually have some good deals too.

Originally Posted by Island_Girl
West Jet is usually one of the cheepest for BC also check out flights from the likes of Transat they have set times but can be cheeper.

West Jet has some cheep specials going on at the moment I beleive juat depends on where your going too in BC the smaller the place the more expensive the flight good luck on finding something.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 9:35 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Colsgirl
WestJet does $57 + taxes flights but you have to keep checking as the prices change daily. The optimum time to book seems to be about 3-4 weeks in advance. Jazz are the economy part of Air Canada, they usually have some good deals too.
Are you serious? TO to Van for $57?
Old Feb 13th 2006, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Colsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura about

They do them across all their flight, they are usually off-peak times when business people do not fly. Better to get some money for a seat than an empty seat.

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Old Feb 13th 2006, 10:35 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

They do them across all their flight, they are usually off-peak times when business people do not fly. Better to get some money for a seat than an empty seat.
True. I just didn't realise it could be that cheap. I shall bear it in mind; my Quebecoise hasn't ever been out that way, so I might whisk her off some time.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 1:19 am
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Jazz are the economy part of Air Canada, they usually have some good deals too.
Is that a new name for what used to be 'Tango' ??? We flew Toronto to Calgary with Tango back in 2002.

We have been looking at Westjet for Edm to Van for later this year and are looking at approx $300 return each. ! (Am going to try last minute.........seems a bit steep to me )
Old Feb 16th 2006, 6:53 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
LMAO...you will never get that price, with respect I think colsgirl may have misread the destinations and the prices! I do that BC/TO trip quite regularly. I just flew (Mon to Wed this week) from Abbotsford to Ottawa and return for $262 each way, which is $524 return with all the (horrendous) extras and taxes. (Nav/Ins, AIF, Security fees, GST, Sales Tax are the five standard extras, usually $60 - $100 each way internally on top of the fare).

Cheapest I ever get to TO from Vancouver is just under $420 return with all taxes etc. Westjet are pretty good, basic no frills. Bring your own food!

Last edited by dingbat; Feb 16th 2006 at 7:29 pm.