Reload this Page >

Cheap B&B Calgary

Cheap B&B Calgary

Old Jan 15th 2009, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

dalaney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheap B&B Calgary

Hi

Can anyone recommend a cheap B&B or hotel that a family of 4 (family room)can stay in for 1 - 2 weeks while we look for somewhere to live in Calgary.

Thanks
Denise
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:29 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap B&B Calgary

..... not sure that "cheap" and "Calgary" go together anywhere these days, but does this help?: http://www.travellerspoint.com/budge...en-ci-209.html
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

Waltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud of

I've stayed here on the few occasions I have been to Calgary.....

http://www.bbcanada.com/8762.html

An amazing breakfast is included in your price if you stay in the house. I think they also have an annex on the side of the house where families can stay if you want more privacy.....and you can choose to have your breakfast in the house, or there is a kitchen in there so you can cook for yourself. Last time I was there there was a British family staying in there while they looked for accommodation/jobs etc.

The family that run the B and B are so friendly and helpful. I love staying here when I visit Calgary.

I can't remember how much I paid last time I was there, but it was during the stampede and I think this place was one of the only places that didn't put it's prices up during the event.

Steph x
Old Jan 16th 2009, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Thank you
Denise
Old Jan 16th 2009, 8:58 am
Just Joined

corn2can is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Can recommend Ian & Jayne Wisdom who run a company called Canilink http://www.canilink.com/default.aspx they have a number of rental properties in Calgary, we stayed in one of their apartments in Somerset when we visited last Sept, self contained with two bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen, secure parking and broadband access should you need it. The location was ideal for us also as we could walk to the 'C" train station and hop aboard a train for the city centre for some sightseeing. There is also a huge shopping complex nearby with a number of supermarkets and the usual Tim Hortons, Canadian Tyre, Home Depot etc. Next door was the local YMCA and public library (which also has internet access for joe public) should you want to take the kids swimming or use the gym.

Access to other parts of Calgary and beyond was also good as you are close to the Deerfoot and Marquis of Lorne trails.

I will say that if you are interested however you should book well in advance as they do get booked up very quickly.

We paid CAD$95 a night all in, which was a lot cheaper than the alternative motel/hotels on offer at the time. Ian and Jayne are also extremely helpful (as we found out on our first night when we managed to break the bed in our room (don't ask!!) and Ian came out to us within half an hour with a replacement bed!!).

Hope this is of help.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steph Golder
I've stayed here on the few occasions I have been to Calgary.....

http://www.bbcanada.com/8762.html

An amazing breakfast is included in your price if you stay in the house. I think they also have an annex on the side of the house where families can stay if you want more privacy.....and you can choose to have your breakfast in the house, or there is a kitchen in there so you can cook for yourself. Last time I was there there was a British family staying in there while they looked for accommodation/jobs etc.

The family that run the B and B are so friendly and helpful. I love staying here when I visit Calgary.

I can't remember how much I paid last time I was there, but it was during the stampede and I think this place was one of the only places that didn't put it's prices up during the event.

Steph x
Terrific place. Fantastic owners.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

Hi Denise
I was having coffee yesterday with Violet who runs the B&B mentioned in the thread. She does have availability for when you arrive and its a great place to stay. Sam
Old Jan 17th 2009, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sam-in-Okotoks
Hi Denise
I was having coffee yesterday with Violet who runs the B&B mentioned in the thread. She does have availability for when you arrive and its a great place to stay. Sam
Hi Sam
Yes thanks I've had an email from her with photos and it does look lovely.
Just need to wait for LMO before I can book flights and then I can give her the exact dates.
Thanks everyone for your help