Reload this Page >

CHC London March/April 04 AORs

CHC London March/April 04 AORs

Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

ear00jk will become famous soon enough
Default CHC London March/April 04 AORs

Hi

I am a new member to the forum and found it very informative. I applied as a skilled worker from London in February 04 ( AOR April 04 stating 18 month wait for the first response) and still anxiously waiting for any good news to hear from the CHC. I am pursuing relevent forums regarding canadian immigration for some time and have come to the conclusion that the things have significantly slowed down at CHC London in the past few months. I believe that they are currently dealing with Feb 04 AORs.

Has anybody with Similar timelines have heard anything from CHC London. My student visa is expiring soon as i have finished my studies in April and want to return to my home country after graduation in July 05. Is there any hope that i will hear some news from them by end of July. Any information and advise will be higly appreciated.

Kind regards
Old Jun 19th 2005, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Karate Kev will become famous soon enoughKarate Kev will become famous soon enough
Default Re: CHC London March/April 04 AORs

Hi ear00jk,

We actually started our Permanent Residency Visa application around April/May last year, and got issued our file/case number back in late October. At that time, we were informed that there was typically a 12 to 14 month wait between file number issue, and medicals notification. However, i've recently heard that there's an even bigger backlog now than there was last year, and that we may still have a further 12 months to wait before we get the medicals notification stage!

Admittedly it's a bummer - but i guess all good things come to those who wait, or at least, i hope they do.

Good luck - to you, and all of us.

Kev.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 7:45 am
RJH
Forum Regular

RJH is on a distinguished road

My AOR's March 04, quoted 18 months to find out about interviews. In the meantime, I've just finished my degree course. I was just thinking, if I'd started my application a little earlier I could have completed an entire degree course while I was waiting .

As time passes, I'm now thinking about writing a novel . Still looking forward to going through.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:21 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RJH
As time passes, I'm now thinking about writing a novel . Still looking forward to going through.
Time rolls by, gives you time to do more research and prep, maybe another recce visit to check things out.

Be patient, stay keen, it'll be worth it in the end.

Rich.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:06 am
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RJH
My AOR's March 04, quoted 18 months to find out about interviews. In the meantime, I've just finished my degree course. I was just thinking, if I'd started my application a little earlier I could have completed an entire degree course while I was waiting .

Our AOR was also March 04 and we were informed by our Canadian lawyers that it would be another 6 months (1 month ago) before any news regarding medicals etc.

In the meantime, I've just finished another professional IT course, about to start one in August and we're getting married. With the time period extending ever further we may have children, watch them grow up, get married themselves and retire to a nice cottage in the country
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Originally Posted by Madmac
Our AOR was also March 04 and we were informed by our Canadian lawyers that it would be another 6 months (1 month ago) before any news regarding medicals etc.
Ours also said that. Although the inference was up to the 18 month period given if you look at the overall aspect of responses they tend to fit within a 3-4 month window for the same AOR in being called for Meds. I am still looking for something in the next month or so (hopefully) as it seems that most (not all) Feb AORs have had some information or have been called. As regards March 04 I expect once the first one is called it will be 2-3 months before they get round to all March 04s. But once the first one is flagged up you know its getting close.

There is a pattern albeit a slim one.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 11:47 am
RJH
Forum Regular

RJH is on a distinguished road

Have to agree with Rich_007. Although the waiting times are long, if you measure it in ice ages then it doesn't seem as bad . It's still a good opportunity to save some more cash, plan a little more as suggested. Although moving wise, I've not much to do only packing I've still got to :-

1) Determine best place to go (Packaging design or IT) :- Initially thought Van, but now looking at the other major cities. Looked on the Labour market info that suggested Toronto or Halifax for design if want to go down that route.
2) Want to put all my videos onto DVD :scared:
3) Sort out a few more clothes, got most of my thermals just in case.

Don't think there's anything else at the moment .

It's funny how you can't really apply for jobs over there because don't know when you're going, but can't plan here because don't know when you're going. Does make me laugh, then I say, it'll come when it comes and then concentrate on the here and now.

I keep doing little bits and bobs every now and again as it makes me feel that the light at the end of the tunnel is a little bit brighter than it was before.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RJH
Have to agree with Rich_007. Although the waiting times are long, if you measure it in ice ages then it doesn't seem as bad . It's still a good opportunity to save some more cash, plan a little more as suggested. Although moving wise, I've not much to do only packing I've still got to :-

1) Determine best place to go (Packaging design or IT) :- Initially thought Van, but now looking at the other major cities. Looked on the Labour market info that suggested Toronto or Halifax for design if want to go down that route.
2) Want to put all my videos onto DVD :scared:
3) Sort out a few more clothes, got most of my thermals just in case.

Don't think there's anything else at the moment .

It's funny how you can't really apply for jobs over there because don't know when you're going, but can't plan here because don't know when you're going. Does make me laugh, then I say, it'll come when it comes and then concentrate on the here and now.

I keep doing little bits and bobs every now and again as it makes me feel that the light at the end of the tunnel is a little bit brighter than it was before.
Think about "Regions".
Old Jun 19th 2005, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ear00jk
Hi

I am a new member to the forum and found it very informative. I applied as a skilled worker from London in February 04 ( AOR April 04 stating 18 month wait for the first response) and still anxiously waiting for any good news to hear from the CHC. I am pursuing relevent forums regarding canadian immigration for some time and have come to the conclusion that the things have significantly slowed down at CHC London in the past few months. I believe that they are currently dealing with Feb 04 AORs.

Has anybody with Similar timelines have heard anything from CHC London. My student visa is expiring soon as i have finished my studies in April and want to return to my home country after graduation in July 05. Is there any hope that i will hear some news from them by end of July. Any information and advise will be higly appreciated.

Kind regards
Anyone got any idea how long "Spousal" applications for PR are currently taking?
Old Jun 19th 2005, 5:11 pm
Enjoying being in Canada!

ExBritExAfrican is an unknown quantity at this point

I am March 04 AOR with 18 month wait quoted. I got a letter in February asking for more documents (basically wanted to make sure I was employed in Canada for a full year and that my employers will continue to employ me indefinately after getting PR status). I did that the next day and in April, I was asked to do medicals (no mention of IA or interview waiver). Done the medicals in May (and paid for PR visa). I am hoping the passport request wont be too long if my security check is not delayed. I also know of a colleague who was Feb 04 AOR and pretty much got same requests from CHC London. So I think Apr 04 AOR should be next!

Hang in there you should hear something very soon.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Originally Posted by ExBritExAfrican
I am March 04 AOR with 18 month wait quoted. I got a letter in February asking for more documents (basically wanted to make sure I was employed in Canada for a full year and that my employers will continue to employ me indefinately after getting PR status). I did that the next day and in April, I was asked to do medicals (no mention of IA or interview waiver). Done the medicals in May (and paid for PR visa). I am hoping the passport request wont be too long if my security check is not delayed. I also know of a colleague who was Feb 04 AOR and pretty much got same requests from CHC London. So I think Apr 04 AOR should be next!

Hang in there you should hear something very soon.
You are the first March 04 I have seen. I think like us their are large numbers of March 04 to get through yet...
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by SANDRAPAUL
You are the first March 04 I have seen. I think like us their are large numbers of March 04 to get through yet...
I hope it has given you some hope that something is on its way. It is not fun checking for that brown envelope from CHC London every morning (or every evening here in Canada)! As you said, there is a pattern so yours has got to be on its way. Good luck.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 10:24 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SANDRAPAUL
I suspect EBEA has got his call because he's already in the country working... But let's hope it's because they've finally gotten aroundto March now! (Yeah, I'm March too! )
Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Wannabe
I suspect EBEA has got his call because he's already in the country working... But let's hope it's because they've finally gotten aroundto March now! (Yeah, I'm March too! )
Being in country could have something to do with it. I am march 15 AOR and quoted me 18 months and you are a week later and quoted you 15 month. But they send requests first to me - I don't understand how things work in CHC London!

By the way, my exwife and daughter are Norwegians and they did the medicals in Oslo (very expensive compared to what I paid here in Ontario!).

Good luck!
Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:50 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RJH
It's funny how you can't really apply for jobs over there because don't know when you're going, but can't plan here because don't know when you're going.
How bloody true......the 'PR somnambulist never ending un-life monotonous trance of anticipation thingy'.

Should have taken the CIC-sponsored blue pill/red pill .....just wake me up when my PPR comes through.

Rich

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.