Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Chat for and with Canadian Family Practitioners/ex UK General Practitioners

Chat for and with Canadian Family Practitioners/ex UK General Practitioners

Old Sep 18th 2018, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Shabeena is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat for and with Canadian Family Practitioners/ex UK General Practitioners

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, you need references from past employers for a PR app (along with lots of other supporting documents), but you don't need them to enter the Express Entry pool, they're only required if you actually get an invitation to apply for PR.

HTH, good luck.
Thanks. Will start getting letters sorted. Is it all previous work or the ones for the last 10 yrs?
Any suggestions on how the letter should be phrased?
Old Sep 18th 2018, 5:56 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Chat for and with Canadian Family Practitioners/ex UK General Practitioners

Originally Posted by skybluepink
Shabeena: welcome to the forum. You will need a document to prove which rotations you did because the. College of Physicians and Surgeons of Toronto ( equivalent to GMC) will require you to have done certain rotations in order for you to obtain a licence . In BC there is an organisation called Health Match BC which guides you through the stages and was instrumental in me getting through the long process of licensure .The GMC should have it on file which rotations you did for MRCGP and if you ask them , they should be able to provide you with a document outlining what you did with dates .
if you’re missing a rotation you will need to go back and do it in an approved job at an approved hospital . At least that’s what has to happen for a license in BC. I had to go do 8weeks in General Suregry because my general surgery experience from internship in India didn’t count .
For SVR I don’t think you need to get your other diplomas verified. I did mine and it wasn’t necessary. You really only need MBBs and MRCGP.
In terms of whether it’s worth it , for my family it was , because we have all my husbands family out here and my children wanted to move . The hoops don’t end with licensing, there are exams to pass once you get here too. They have to be done while working and settling your family.
HTH
Thanks for your reply. I am aware of the exams!!
I thought the CPSO did not look into the rotations.
I did A&E, Psych, O&G, Gen med for VTS and did trust grade in Paeds before VTS training for 1 year. I hope they don’t ask me to do anymore if in Ontario.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Mandy1106 is an unknown quantity at this point

@Shabeena,work experience for past three years would suffice,I would suggest you google CIC requirements for reference letter for express entry,you will see the specific requirements there and also,there is a thread for express entry in britishexpats.com,go through it to understand the process and other information.Goodluck
Old Sep 19th 2018, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Mandy. Will look into. It is a relief knowing it is only for the last 3 years.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shabeena
Thanks Mandy. Will look into. It is a relief knowing it is only for the last 3 years.
CPSO I believe doesn't require any rotation specific. you are correct.
regarding reference letter - you need for the job related to your work experience you claim points i.e. GP work. I collected letter from yr1 of my job in hospital till current work. the letter should say: your title. duties. salaries. how many hrs worked. I found it easier to draft a letter and send to them asking them to print on their letter headed paper if they agree or modify. good luck
Old Sep 20th 2018, 1:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandy1106
@Shabeena,work experience for past three years would suffice,
It may suffice, unless Shabeena wants to claim FSW points for more than 3 years (up to the max of 6 years for 15 points), if so she'll need more than 3 years. It will really depend on her FSW and CRS scores and what she's claiming for her app.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

3 years is the maximum point you can get for FSWP for work experience,so even if you have 10 years work experience,you get the same point for 3 years.

@Hassan,how's work and Ontario?
Old Sep 20th 2018, 3:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

3 years is the maximum point you can get for FSWP for work experience,so even if you have 10 years work experience,you get the same point for 3 years.

I think you're thinking of the CRS points (which is a max of 3 years), not the FSW points. For FSW it's a max of 6 years, and potentially those extra years will make the difference between being eligible for EE or not. Info here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...tml#experience

HTH.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your correction dear,what I had in mind was CRS which will lead to ITA though a minimum of 67/100 is what you need to be eligible for express.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 6:24 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your correction dear,what I had in mind was CRS which will lead to ITA though a minimum of 67/100 is what you need to be eligible for express.
Oh my.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh my.
My reaction exactly!

VERY patronising to one of the most helpful people on this site re rules and regulations for immigration to Canada.
Old Sep 21st 2018, 4:40 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

With all due respect, firstly christmasoompa is well versed in immigration matters and is one of our most valued and knowledgeable members, having worked in the immigration industry for many years. I would suggest you take heed as she is quite correct.

Unfortunately it seems that you are confusing the initial come to Canada tool with the CRS tool to ascertain points for Express Entry. Two totally different things.

CRS is where you will need in the region of 440+ points in order to obtain an ITA under Express Entry as a Federal Skilled Worker - what YOU are talking about is the initial Come to Canada wizard on the Govt. website - where you need a minimum of 67 points in order to initially qualify to apply for any of the Federal Skilled Worker routes - and where work experience years are as christmasoompa has indicated.

Perhaps it would help you to read up on Immigration and Express Entry..

To ascertain if you have enough points to qualify to apply:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nada-tool.html

To ascertain if you are likely to have sufficient points to get you an ITA:
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

A guide to Express Entry:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...try/works.html

If you have any questions about immigration matters, do feel free to post a thread in our Immigration forum where christmasoompa and other experts - together with members who have already been through the process - will be happy to offer you guidance.

Again, with respect, it's better NOT to offer advice on immigration matters unless you are absolutely sure you are correct. Additionally, whenever possible it's advisable to give a link to the official website, together with your suggestion - and if you are not 100% sure, perhaps put 'I believe' or 'I think'

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 21st 2018 at 2:31 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2018, 5:43 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you're not this patronising and 'I AM' with your patients
Old Sep 21st 2018, 6:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by dbd33
Oh my.
In Mandy1106's defence (although thank you lovely lot for jumping to my defence!), I don't think she's a Brit, and will be from a country where 'dear' isn't considered rude/patronising so I'm sure had no intention to be so.
Old Sep 21st 2018, 11:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
In Mandy1106's defence (although thank you lovely lot for jumping to my defence!), I don't think she's a Brit, and will be from a country where 'dear' isn't considered rude/patronising so I'm sure had no intention to be so.
I thought the same. We have had similar problems in the UK Immigration forum. Some non-Brits use the term ‘dear’ as an endearment...it is not their intention to be patronizing or offensive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.