Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Chase Buchanan Wealth Management

Chase Buchanan Wealth Management

Old Feb 7th 2021, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

evets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chase Buchanan Wealth Management

Hello All,

I have been approached by this company to discuss moving my UK private pension to one that this company manages. The company deals with expat pension pots.

The agent has provided me with links to FCA and CySec, as well as reports of the funds performance and a letter of authority to complete/sign.

I can see from CySec(Cyprus) the company licensed from 2015. But unable to see anything else, not sure if that is meant to be that way.

FCA I cannot see the company the company listed. But I do see the agent listed, again does not have the company name listed under there details.

Has any one heard or used this company?

Any other advice would be greatly welcomed/appreciated.

Old Feb 7th 2021, 11:14 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chase Buchanan Wealth Management

Personally, I would avoid ANY company that approaches you (cold calling).. if you want to move your pension then do the required due diligence and choose a company for yourself, and approach them.
https://chasebuchanan.com/ / https://chasebuchanan.com/offices/canada/

You may find our wiki on the subject of use.. https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Trans...ions_to_Canada

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 8th 2021 at 2:12 am.
Old Feb 8th 2021, 1:28 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Personally, I would avoid ANY company that approaches you (cold calling).. if you want to move your pension then do the required due diligence and choose a company for yourself, and approach them.
https://chasebuchanan.com/ / https://chasebuchanan.com/offices/canada/
As another Joe Blowess off the Street, I too would echo Siouxsie's caution...how did they even know about who you are and what you might be wishing to do? Somewhat worrisome...
Old Feb 8th 2021, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

I got approached by them on LinkedIn. They clearly didn't read my profile and see what I do for a living (financial planning) which doesn't suggest an eye for detail.
Old Feb 8th 2021, 6:25 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tumbling_Dice
I got approached by them on LinkedIn. They clearly didn't read my profile and see what I do for a living (financial planning) which doesn't suggest an eye for detail.
You reminded me that there have been other threads on the subject of 'cold calling' via LinkedIn etc. I noticed on Google with a search for 'cold calling, financial planners' there are dozens of 'scripts' and advice sites, lol.

UK pension investment company...
W1 Investment Group
Old Feb 8th 2021, 7:23 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know them but every so often I get contacted by some wealth management company via linked in - despite my LI profile making it clear that I don't want to be contacted on the subject. A search of the people contacting me on LI generally leads one to find that they were selling double glazing 3 months ago and now work for a dodgy outfit based in Dubai/Cyprus/AN Other juristiction. I just wouldn't deal with a anyone who cold calls on this subject.

IIRC IA Clarington have the only Canadian QROPS scheme registered at present and they only permit you to open one up of you are already 55.
Old Feb 8th 2021, 7:41 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I just wouldn't deal with a anyone who cold calls on this subject.

IIRC IA Clarington have the only Canadian QROPS scheme registered at present and they only permit you to open one up of you are already 55.
There are 3 ROPS Approved providers for Canada now
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-th...on-list#canada
ROPS Country Cidel Alternate Retirement Plan (“CARP”) Canada
IA Clarington Investments Inc Retirement Savings Plan (QROPS) Canada
IAG Saving and Retirement Plan RRSP-QROPS Canada
Old Feb 9th 2021, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

evets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks folks, for all the feedback, really appreciated.

I did also follow up with a friends pension adviser in the UK, and he said to be cautious also as it seemed to be more sales orientated.
Old Feb 9th 2021, 4:30 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by evets
Thanks folks, for all the feedback, really appreciated.

I did also follow up with a friends pension adviser in the UK, and he said to be cautious also as it seemed to be more sales orientated.
Old Feb 12th 2021, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Otto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All,

I have been approached by this company to discuss moving my UK private pension to one that this company manages. The company deals with expat pension pots.

The agent has provided me with links to FCA and CySec, as well as reports of the funds performance and a letter of authority to complete/sign.

I can see from CySec(Cyprus) the company licensed from 2015. But unable to see anything else, not sure if that is meant to be that way.

FCA I cannot see the company the company listed. But I do see the agent listed, again does not have the company name listed under there details.

Is this company regulated to provide advice in Canada- given it seems to have an office there?
Old Feb 9th 2022, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

TD.GALE is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

Avoid at all costs and warn others likewise.

<snip>

Last edited by Bob; Feb 28th 2022 at 10:46 pm. Reason: Sorry, but as a forum we have to be careful about allowing people to post allegations. Thx.
Old Feb 9th 2022, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

glendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond repute

Avoid at all costs.
Old Feb 9th 2022, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

My last message was heavily edited by christmasoompa to be careful about "allowing people to post allegations". Trust me they are totally founded and supported by evidence and will soon be exposed on a website. If anyone else requires further information or has been affected by either Chase Buchanan or Finsbury Financial / International you are welcome to contact me and join our action group.
Old Feb 18th 2022, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

happy_pt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TD.GALE
My last message was heavily edited by christmasoompa to be careful about "allowing people to post allegations". Trust me they are totally founded and supported by evidence and will soon be exposed on a website. If anyone else requires further information or has been affected by either Chase Buchanan or Finsbury Financial / International you are welcome to contact me and join our action group.
Curious about this, new to this forum can you message me? TIA
Old Feb 28th 2022, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

@happy_pt I will message you when I can as at the moment private messaging is restricted to those who have at least 3 posts on the forum. I am fairly new to this myself but not to the dealings of Lee Eldridge / Finsbury Financial (and the spurious Finsbury International) which is what Chase Buchanan were previously called in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.