Change Of Rules?..

Change Of Rules?..

Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:30 am
IDT
Forum Regular

IDT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change Of Rules?..

Hey Guys;

I've browsed the forums but can't quite find the answers I'm looking for?

I spent a year in Canada on a Bunac working holiday visa.

I was talking to an Irish friend of mine who says that the rules have no changed in Ireland?

Can under 35s now get a second working visa if you're English?

Hope you can help.

IDT.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Change Of Rules?..

Originally Posted by IDT
Hey Guys;

I've browsed the forums but can't quite find the answers I'm looking for?

I spent a year in Canada on a Bunac working holiday visa.

I was talking to an Irish friend of mine who says that the rules have no changed in Ireland?

Can under 35s now get a second working visa if you're English?

Hope you can help.

IDT.
The BUNAC website says yes. -under 35 and British.

http://www.bunac.org/uk/workcanada/faqs.aspx
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:36 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

No, you still have to be under 31 to apply in the UK.

The 35 y.o. rule has always applied for Irish citizens as Canadians can, in turn, also qualify for an Irish WHV until the age of 35.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:37 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
The BUNAC website says yes. -under 35 and British.

http://www.bunac.org/uk/workcanada/faqs.aspx
I don't think it does:

http://www.bunac.org/uk/workcanada/eligibility.aspx

Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
My mistake there, a slip of the keyboard, I meant under 30.

The FAQs say
I have been on Work Canada with BUNAC before. Can I go again?
Yes - The 2011 programme is a new Work Permit, therefore you can apply for this programme regardless of the number of visas you've had previously
and you link says
You can apply to this programme twice in your lifetime if eligible even if you have participated in the programme beofore
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:55 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Yeah, so he is still eligible up to twice as long as he is under 30 at the time of application.

Something tells me from his question that he likely older than that though unfortunately. I think the only country which offers WHV's to UK under 35's is New Zealand.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Yeah, so he is still eligible up to twice as long as he is under 30 at the time of application.

Something tells me from his question that he likely older than that though unfortunately. I think the only country which offers WHV's to UK under 35's is New Zealand.
nope it is under 31. You can apply if you are 30 at the time of application
Old Jan 20th 2011, 2:29 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by chanceUK
nope it is under 31. You can apply if you are 30 at the time of application
Sorry, yeah that's what I meant.