Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Change to Language Requirements

Change to Language Requirements

Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:17 pm
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough
Default Change to Language Requirements

It has been anounced that all prospective immigrants will need to be proficient in additional languages as of 1st June.

One of either English or French.

Plus

Bureaucratese
Provincial Patter
and
Gibberish

These have been deduced to be necessary for all new immigrants to be able to communicate with all the Petty Officials that make immigration such a pleasure.

(I thought that I would play too )
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

firstofthefourth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Change to Language Requirements

Originally Posted by liftman
It has been anounced that all prospective immigrants will need to be proficient in additional languages as of 1st June.

Plus

Bureaucratese
Provincial Patter
and
Gibberish

These have been deduced to be necessary for all new immigrants to be able to communicate with all the Petty Officials that make immigration such a pleasure.

I'm amazed that anyone could treat my important subjects with such hilarity! :scared:
Old Apr 1st 2005, 10:31 pm
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by firstofthefourth
I'm amazed that anyone could treat my important subjects with such hilarity! :scared:
First (1st) of the Fourth (April) my A**!
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Plus

Bureaucratese
Provincial Patter
and
Gibberish

If that happened, many on this forum would excel - gibberish being a native tongue for some

Biiiiink
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

angelz is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking of languages how the hell does anyone in blighty ever get their french tested???. I followed the links but the whole website was in bloody french - there are predictably no offices in England I couldnt understand enuff of the website to work out where I needed to go. I have very basic school girly french which I thought might net me a couple of points - In view of the pending increase to 86 from June. Perhaps the test is working out where u go for the test and if successful you get awarded 10 points and a free crossisant. Has anyone else tried this and lived to tell the tale.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smokey is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by angelz
Talking of languages how the hell does anyone in blighty ever get their french tested???. I followed the links but the whole website was in bloody french - there are predictably no offices in England I couldnt understand enuff of the website to work out where I needed to go. I have very basic school girly french which I thought might net me a couple of points - In view of the pending increase to 86 from June. Perhaps the test is working out where u go for the test and if successful you get awarded 10 points and a free crossisant. Has anyone else tried this and lived to tell the tale.
Try this site....haven't looked at it for a long time but at least you can click on 'anglais' ...might help a bit.

http://www.campus-electronique.tm.fr/TestFle/
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

kippa is on a distinguished road

Plus

Bureaucratese
Provincial Patter
and
Gibberish

How do you know about these changes? We are about to put in for our pr but it wasn't necesserily going to be before June. Reading this has put us in a minor panic coz neither of us can speak french ( not very well ) and we have only just got the required no of points i.e 68. Am i missing something in this thread ( Being a bit thick ) or do we need to apply like yesterday.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:32 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kippa
How do you know about these changes? We are about to put in for our pr but it wasn't necesserily going to be before June. Reading this has put us in a minor panic coz neither of us can speak french ( not very well ) and we have only just got the required no of points i.e 68. Am i missing something in this thread ( Being a bit thick ) or do we need to apply like yesterday.

Don't worry Kippa - look at the date of the post .......

Jen
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

kippa is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jenwren
Don't worry Kippa - look at the date of the post .......

Jen
Hi Jen,
Don't i feel really stupid now. My family really think i have lost the plot. I think all this imigration stuff has gone to my head. Ill just go back to cooking sunday lunch.
Pip