Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Change of 'landing' destination

Change of 'landing' destination

Old Jun 25th 2008, 9:27 am
Pissy Mare

Location: Previously Hertfordshire, now in Chester Basin, Nova Scotia :)
Stonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud of
Default Change of 'landing' destination

We've been planning on landing in Calgary and settling there since we visited 3 years ago. Now we're getting so close to receiving visas we're having a huge change of mind and are considering Nova Scotia as a destination.

Just wondering if there are any issues with changing landing destination from the one we put on the application, has anyone else done this ?.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:12 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of 'landing' destination

None whatsoever. As long as you're not changing from outside Quebec to inside Quebec or vice versa you'll be fine.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

DebbieK will become famous soon enoughDebbieK will become famous soon enough

Just curious, what made you change your mind?

My brother has a house in Nova Scotia, and yet we want to be in Calgary. Before you ask I do get along with him One thing I would suggest you check.. the first house he got, he loved it but got eaten alive with the bugs that arrive for two solid months, yet just up the road they do not get them the same... he later found out that he should have asked that question... so don't get bitten, literally!!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 5:37 pm
Pissy Mare

Location: Previously Hertfordshire, now in Chester Basin, Nova Scotia :)
Stonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud of

Thanks Ben

Debbie we were focussing on Calgary as that's the only place we know and we have friends there and family in Vancouver. However, we've recently agreed we'd much rather settle somewhere secluded with a bit of land and also where we're driving distance to the coast (which I think we'll really miss in Calgary). Looking at the cost of housing I think we'll get so much more for our money in NS and it seems to tick most boxes of what we want.

We're wavering between the two at the moment