Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Certified Ontario Licensed Electrician 309

Certified Ontario Licensed Electrician 309

Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lived in southampton, but now live in Milton Ontario.
peterroulston has a spectacular aura aboutpeterroulston has a spectacular aura aboutpeterroulston has a spectacular aura about
Default Certified Ontario Licensed Electrician 309

Hi All
Are there any training centres/ tech colleges, that run courses that will take you through the process of getting your licence ? any info would be greatly appreciated.

best wishes

Peter Roulston.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

still waiting is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Certified Ontario Licensed Electrician 309

hello mate,

you did not say where in canada? in toronto try george brown college, one
of my sons is starting the course for plumbing there on tuesday evening two nights a week for ten weeks. they were very helpful when we went down there so they are your best bet.

tony o'donnell
Old Jan 18th 2009, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lived in southampton, but now live in Milton Ontario.
peterroulston has a spectacular aura aboutpeterroulston has a spectacular aura aboutpeterroulston has a spectacular aura about

Hi Tony
We are still in the UK, but hoping to land in April. are you in Canada ?
I think I`m going to have to get a job then get my licence later, thanks for the info on the local college.

regards

Peter Roulston.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:00 am
Just Joined

still waiting is an unknown quantity at this point

hello peter,
we have been in toronto since october, i did not really get anywhere until we landed and set about the system. all trades have to take an exam in the same room. you are given three hours plus an extra hour (about 50 per cent of the people took this up) of about 24 blokes there was 8 sparks, millwrights, dryliners and one plumber. there are 120 questions and the pass mark is 70 per cent. it is multiple choice (four options) i took all my certificates (i have a folder full) there is an expat called george working there he was only interested in a letter of experience from my employer. as i said look up the george brown website and also the csa, you could get a code book sent over to give you head start.
you may see talk of taking a red seal exam, i think this only applies to people who are moving between provinces.
i hope this is of help to you,it is a long hard slog (it took us eight years in total) but i feel it has been worthwhile.
tony o'donnell
Old Jan 19th 2009, 1:45 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Have a look at http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/trainin...tradecert.html

Hope it helps