Reload this Page >

CBSA (Border Customs) Has anybody joined them

CBSA (Border Customs) Has anybody joined them

Old Jun 19th 2010, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

boshwaggle will become famous soon enough
Default Re: CBSA (Border Customs) Has anybody joined them

Originally Posted by Selsame
Although CBSA jobs are open to permanent residents the fact that they give preference to Canadian citizens seems to me indicative that you would struggle to get a job with them. My wife and I have a combined experience of twenty years as both Immigration and Customs officers. We have both applied for jobs with CBSA and are in the "inventory" but that has been for over a year now with no contact. We have probably dealt with far more counterfeit docs and dodgy immigrants than most CBSA employees will see in their entire careers. We have also applied for numerous Federal jobs, even those involving the Canadian passport agency. Since we have handled more passports than most people have had hot dinners you would think we would at least get an interview. However our "experience" apparently doesn't qualify us. I think they are short sighted, but I'm afraid that's the way it is.
then the answer's simple! get your citizenship sorted and then apply! why waste time whining about what is already obvious. If you are committed to Canada then you become a citizen as soon as you can. Its 3 years. In UK it is 4 or 5 years, in US 5 to wait. If you are that keen to join then 3 years will pass quickly.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

j23can is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CBSA (Border Customs) Has anybody joined them

if you are 1) a Canadian citizen who is 2) genuinely interested in CBSA opportunities then PM me. I am not in CBSA myself right now but in final stages of process, and can give you some good pointers for preparing for the exam which is the toughest test I ever wrote! I'm not interested in communicating about the other posts on this forum on what is or is not a "new Canadian". I am law enforcement and I am interested in communicating only about law enforcement careers.

Hi,

Yes, I am interested to have this conversation, on how to prepare, for the exam!!!! Unfortunatly I'm not Canadian, but permanent resident...But I have started the process on becoming Canadian...being processed as I write!

Thanks!

Last edited by j23can; Jun 19th 2010 at 3:22 pm. Reason: mistake