Reload this Page >

Cats coming with us - any experience on requirements

Cats coming with us - any experience on requirements

Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:55 am
Oakville, Ontario

dancath will become famous soon enough
Default Cats coming with us - any experience on requirements

We are taking our two cats with us to Toronto when we go,

I have got all their immunisations up to date and the vet is writing a letter of good health for them, I have checked the DEFRA website and there appears to be no need for rabies injections....
has anyone had experience taking cats with them and the required jabs etc. documentation they need?
any help would be appreciated...

Last edited by Sue; Nov 1st 2006 at 10:59 am. Reason: Moved from Immigration forum
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cats coming with us - any experience on requirements

Originally Posted by dancath

I have got all their immunisations up to date and the vet is writing a letter of good health for them, I have checked the DEFRA website and there appears to be no need for rabies injections....
has anyone had experience taking cats with them and the required jabs etc. documentation they need?
Use the search facility as there's tons of info on the site.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

This should provide you with what you need:

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/...rt/catse.shtml

HTH
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:16 pm
Oakville, Ontario

dancath will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dying to leave England
This should provide you with what you need:

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/...rt/catse.shtml

HTH

Thanks very much this has helped greatly now the little ones can come too!!!
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Thanks very much this has helped greatly now the little ones can come too!!!
Whilst there is no specific requirement to enter Canada with a Rabies jab as I recall it is something our new vet has checked for and was happy to see they had been done - it is something that exists but the possiblity is extremely remote to get bitten by a carrier in southern Ontario I was told. I expect you know going the other way - back to the UK if need be is much more of a problem if you need to return quickly. For want of a few pounds it seemed a good thing as our cats do go outside - especially in summer and we get visits by all sorts of animals even in the city. We had our dog done as well. Clunk click.