Reload this Page >

Cat to Calgary

Cat to Calgary

Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Fight or Flight will become famous soon enough
Talking Cat to Calgary

Hi

have read loads of info re transporting animals and like others probably are, feel quite confused by the whole thing.

It would apear to be simple, ring the airline and get a definite yes or no as to wether or not they transport animals either as cargo or as excess baggage.

Having spent three hours on and off the Phone this morning it certainly isn't easy, I am still awaiting information but will give people the first installment as to the answers I have recieved.

Thomas Cook cargo only deal with cargo agents they have stated this is due to the worry of being sued????? they reccomended petsaway someone called Dave, have rang them three times and have had no reply (01903 872248)

Ladyhaye (01342 832161) - spoke to Kirsty couldn't give an approximate price but has stated they will email me with a cost hopefully today.

Transfur (0845 052 0013)- spoke to Roseanna - same answer as Ladyhaye

Zoom cargo, - all their animal cargo is dealt with through the Heathrow branch Lynn is the contact there (01784 425300) although I spoke to James today, they have quoted approximately £360 one way

Air Canada will, they state, only fly from Heathrow (at least the people in Manchester stated this), Heathrow cargo people quoted approxiamtely £180 (0871 2243600) than said it would be cheaper to take cat as excess baggage - phoned the reservations (0871 2201111) who stated it would cost $245 CAD + $30 inspection fee on arrival

Thats all the info I have up to now will re post info as I get it if anyone has any more info please post

I assume the info is also correct for dogs as well although the excess baggage limit with air Canada is 32kg the prices I was quoted are obviously for one Cat, who is sleeping soundly beside me as I type if only she knew it would be cheaper to have her put to sleep whe would probably be much nicer to me!!!!!!

Peter
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

the undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nice
Default Re: Cat to Calgary

Hi.

We will be taking our two cat to Calgary in June, and would appreciate any info when you get it.
We are flying from Amsterdam, but can't get a direct flight, so will have to change planes in London. Do you know what to do with the cats when waiting on the connecting flight? The flights we have looked into so far all have between 5 and 12 hours between flights. Will we need to carry them about Heathrow in their cat boxes? Also, does excess baggage mean they will travel in the hold with the suitcases?

Good luck with your plans,

Craig
Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

keefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cat to Calgary

Originally Posted by Fight or Flight
Hi

have read loads of info re transporting animals and like others probably are, feel quite confused by the whole thing.

It would apear to be simple, ring the airline and get a definite yes or no as to wether or not they transport animals either as cargo or as excess baggage.

Having spent three hours on and off the Phone this morning it certainly isn't easy, I am still awaiting information but will give people the first installment as to the answers I have recieved.

Thomas Cook cargo only deal with cargo agents they have stated this is due to the worry of being sued????? they reccomended petsaway someone called Dave, have rang them three times and have had no reply (01903 872248)

Ladyhaye (01342 832161) - spoke to Kirsty couldn't give an approximate price but has stated they will email me with a cost hopefully today.

Transfur (0845 052 0013)- spoke to Roseanna - same answer as Ladyhaye

Zoom cargo, - all their animal cargo is dealt with through the Heathrow branch Lynn is the contact there (01784 425300) although I spoke to James today, they have quoted approximately £360 one way

Air Canada will, they state, only fly from Heathrow (at least the people in Manchester stated this), Heathrow cargo people quoted approxiamtely £180 (0871 2243600) than said it would be cheaper to take cat as excess baggage - phoned the reservations (0871 2201111) who stated it would cost $245 CAD + $30 inspection fee on arrival

Thats all the info I have up to now will re post info as I get it if anyone has any more info please post

I assume the info is also correct for dogs as well although the excess baggage limit with air Canada is 32kg the prices I was quoted are obviously for one Cat, who is sleeping soundly beside me as I type if only she knew it would be cheaper to have her put to sleep whe would probably be much nicer to me!!!!!!

Peter
We have just flown with AC with our 2 cats and I will try and make this painless! We flew with them as excess baggage so the $245 is correct per cat, our cats with carriers weighed 8kg so that was cool. However what AC did not tell me that when coming off the BMI flight from Aberdeen, they had to be picked up, transferred, security checked and then put in the animal area until the onward flight to Edmonton. Then they had to be picked up, transferred and security checked again!! This cost an extra £245 as I could not pay in CAD. So in all they survived were well looked after but check what you are paying for from AC at Heathrow. There is an inspection fee of $30 at the airport in Canada, $6 for any further cats. The cost of the cats was around £500 all in however to see the cats and my kids and them play when they got here made me realise that it wa worth it. Hope this helps
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Fight or Flight will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Cat to Calgary

Hi

further to my last post have the following information to add from Transfur and Ladyhaye

Transfur have stated:

"Thank you for your quotation enquiry. We would be happy to help you transport your cat to Calgary in June 2008. I have based this quote on flying from Glasgow Airport with Zoom airlines.

She would require a container measuring 58 x 36 x 46cm, the total cost of transportation based on today’s rates would be in the region of £482.29.

This would include:-
Flights
UK Airline Handling
Fuel Surcharge
Airline approved container (supply and delivery)
Application for Export Permit
Customs clearance
Shippers Certificates
Our fee

Not included in this price are any veterinary costs, transportation to and from the airports or any additional costs on arrival in Canada .

She will require a rabies vaccination and General Health Certificate (issued within 5 days of travel) OR Export Health Certificate from DEFRA. A pet passport will only be required if returning into the UK"

Ladyhaye have stated:

QUOTE REF NUMBER:
DESTINATION: Glasgow to Calgary with Zoom
PET (S) 1 x cat
TRAVEL BOX (S) Owner to supply
1 @ 71 x 52 x 55 cms

BREAKDOWN OF CHARGES

Flight Costs 360.00
NES Customs 30.00
Airline Handling Fee 80.00
Travel Box owner supplying
Deliver to airport 0.00
Agency Fee 80.00
Fuel Surcharge 40.00
Export Health Certificate owner supplying

TOTAL THIS QUOTATION 660.00

Please Note

• The flight cost is determined on the size of the travel box you pet travel in. If exact measurements have not been supplied to us flight cost may vary.
• For shipments or collections over a weekend an additional £50.00 will be added to the Collection / Delivery / Meet @ Airport fee. Any meeting times that are after 9 pm and before 5am will incur an additional £50.00
• If you are happy with the quotation please complete the “Instruction to Dispatch” and return to Ladyhaye Kennels. Upon receipt will make your pets travel arrangements. Please make sure form in completed in FULL.
• Payment for this service is to be paid at least a week before your pets depart the UK.
• This quote is valid for 30 days

If I fly with Air Transat from Glasgow the cost with ladyhaye will be £550

and if I fly from Manchester with Air Transat the cost with ladyhaye will be £685 to include transport to the Airport for the Cat

when and if I get any more info I will post