Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Carry on luggage - Air Transat

Carry on luggage - Air Transat

Old Sep 21st 2012, 1:37 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

JulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really nice
Default Carry on luggage - Air Transat

Hi,

Can someone please confirm the following for me??

In addition to the permitted 5kg carry on allowance per person, can I also carry on a Laptop in laptop bag, and would there be a weight limit or cost?

I've gotten a little confused with what they say on there website.

Thanks so much

Julie
Old Sep 21st 2012, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carry on luggage - Air Transat

Originally Posted by JulieLord
Hi,

Can someone please confirm the following for me??

In addition to the permitted 5kg carry on allowance per person, can I also carry on a Laptop in laptop bag, and would there be a weight limit or cost?

I've gotten a little confused with what they say on there website.

Thanks so much

Julie
yes, a laptop bag can be taken in addition to your regular carry on. They dont weigh it (in my experience)
Old Sep 21st 2012, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

I would say yes BUT they say on their website too that one can bring a changing bag free of charge when travelling with an infant. I did this when we flew in December with our 6 week old daughter and a 2 and a 4 year old and the Airtransat lady wasn't impressed at all to say the least. It took us quite a while to persuade her that it's on their website and ok. So maybe print it out lol. Safe flight!
Old Sep 21st 2012, 3:00 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

JulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really nice

Thanks both.

I think I might send an email to them, I have just found one on there site... get it from the horses mouth so to speak

thanks again
Old Sep 21st 2012, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

there have been several occasions where i took my laptop in my carry on bag. When they weighed my carry on, it was over the limit so i stuck my laptop in a plastic carrier bag (on their recommendation) and was allowed the carry on and separate laptop without problems.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

BobbyN will become famous soon enoughBobbyN will become famous soon enough

its okay i did the same, i had a 8kg camera bag with my laptop in it too and on top of that I had a smaller bag carrying a few pairs of shoes.

wont be a problem even though you here them during boarding saying loads of times about being charged etc....

way i see it is loads of people take carry on luggage then duty free in seperate bags and that does not get charged.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 3:31 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks both.

I think I might send an email to them, I have just found one on there site... get it from the horses mouth so to speak

thanks again
http://www.airtransat.ca/en/Informat...ageur&tmpl=GEN

Quantity 1 bag per person. Camera bags, laptops and purses are also permitted.

Old Sep 21st 2012, 7:49 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

Originally Posted by siouxie
http://www.airtransat.ca/en/Informat...ageur&tmpl=GEN

Quantity 1 bag per person. Camera bags, laptops and purses are also permitted.

Thanks siouxie,

I saw that, but wasn't sure if it meant in Addition to the 1 bag per person or instead of, if you get what I mean.. I would have thought it meant 'in addition', which is why I asked to see what other people thought or from other people's experience.

So, 'In addition' to 1 bag per person it is then

Thanks
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

shunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud of

We flew air transat 3 weeks ago from the UK and we had our 5kg carry on allowance each plus I had a large laptop bag with the laptop and all cables plus kindle, mp3 player and a few other bits and pieces such as pens data sticks and discs. My wife had the largest handbag she owns also packed full of stuff. so in total the four of us had 6 bags and we had no problems at all. They don't weigh laptop bags and one of the kids carry on bags was slightly over weight but they just put it through anyway.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

When we flew back from the UK they argued about the changing bag which I according to their website was allowed to take and even argued about a little backpack my daughter was having with her soother and bunny in. I guess the lady we had must have had a bad day
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 11:57 am
Wales to Saskatoon!

Originally Posted by shunter1977
We flew air transat 3 weeks ago from the UK and we had our 5kg carry on allowance each plus I had a large laptop bag with the laptop and all cables plus kindle, mp3 player and a few other bits and pieces such as pens data sticks and discs. My wife had the largest handbag she owns also packed full of stuff. so in total the four of us had 6 bags and we had no problems at all. They don't weigh laptop bags and one of the kids carry on bags was slightly over weight but they just put it through anyway.
Thanks everyone for your replies... I think I may have to buy a bigger handbag and put all my paperwork needed at immigration in the laptop bag and use my small wheelie case to put meds in, that way it won't be over the 5kg allowance.. I think I'm gonna have to take an extra suitcase though and pay the additional charge or we're gonna be stuck!

cheers all
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

foreigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for your replies... I think I may have to buy a bigger handbag and put all my paperwork needed at immigration in the laptop bag and use my small wheelie case to put meds in, that way it won't be over the 5kg allowance.. I think I'm gonna have to take an extra suitcase though and pay the additional charge or we're gonna be stuck!

cheers all
I just bought this handbag: http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...6amp%3B+purses (it's the Ben de Lisi large black tote bag)
It's really big, fits my ipad, kindle, make up bag, purse and an A4 folder easily.

Last edited by foreigngirl; Sep 22nd 2012 at 12:23 pm. Reason: typo
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 12:24 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

Originally Posted by foreigngirl
I just bought this handbag: http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...6amp%3B+purses (it's the Ben de Lisi large black tote bag)
It's really big, fits my ipad, kindle, make up bag, purse and an A4 folder easily.
Ooooo!!! I need one!!
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

wiganfem is an unknown quantity at this point

Ooooo!!! I need one!!
i travelled with air transat in march,i had a bag with all personal stuff in etc, then my 8 year old had hers, and i also had a laptop bag extra and had no problems at all. This was from Manchester

Old Sep 22nd 2012, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

wiganfem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wiganfem
i travelled with air transat in march,i had a bag with all personal stuff in etc, then my 8 year old had hers, and i also had a laptop bag extra and had no problems at all. This was from Manchester

can i just add that if your moving over permanently if you contact them beforehand they usually allow extra suitcases. A friend of mine did this and didnt have to pay any extra

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.