Car things

Old Aug 7th 2015, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Daveckj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car things

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You may want to look for MillieF's post on living in Fredericton area in winter - it's been bleak there.

Here's some articles: News - Record-breaking winter brings new highs to Atlantic Canada - The Weather Network

Atlantic Canada Snow Photos Show Easterners Walled In
Thanks Siouxie
Old Aug 7th 2015, 4:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

Originally Posted by Daveckj
That is kind of the impression I am start to get!

So we are going to be in the middle'ish of the Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton triangle - already sounds backward to me......remember ....wifes choice!

Next .....income tax...hmmm.....new thread perhaps

Thanks

DaveJ
Sussex then??

As far as tax goes I cant say that I have really noticed it being that bad. I know that it is higher here but that is one of the challenges the province faces.
Old Aug 7th 2015, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alex2201
Sussex then??

As far as tax goes I cant say that I have really noticed it being that bad. I know that it is higher here but that is one of the challenges the province faces.
25 minutes away apparently Alex. Cambridge Narrows

DaveJ
Old Aug 7th 2015, 6:03 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Check any house for history of flooding
Old Aug 7th 2015, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tangram
Check any house for history of flooding
Is that the sort of thing that would come up on the house inspection thing?

If not where do we check that?

Cheers

DaveJ
Old Aug 7th 2015, 6:34 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

No idea, I'd ask around tho, esp around CN
Old Aug 7th 2015, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

25 minutes away apparently Alex. Cambridge Narrows

DaveJ
Wow back of beyond!! Its nice in the summer but very bleak in the winter!
Old Aug 7th 2015, 11:08 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Is that the sort of thing that would come up on the house inspection thing?

If not where do we check that?

Cheers

DaveJ
You can see flood plains on the map on this website Applications - GeoNB and slot in an address to see if it's likely to flood.

Application functionality:

Display a disclaimer
Search for a particular property, address, or location
Display flood risk areas and control transparency of flood risk areas
Display descriptions of flood risk areas

"FREDERICTON (CNB) - GeoNB, the free Internet-based application for viewing maps and aerial photos of New Brunswick, is launching a new flood information tool.

Available online, the new application allows anyone to search GeoNB for historical flooding data, capture the data, and print them.

Real estate agents and potential homebuyers will be able to determine quickly whether a prospective property is in a historical flood zone."

Flood map data on GeoNB map viewer (10/05/26)

Old Aug 8th 2015, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Wow back of beyond!! Its nice in the summer but very bleak in the winter!
Thanks Alex.

Guess we will be finding out soon enough. Are you in Sussex?

Cheers

DaveJ
Old Aug 8th 2015, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You can see flood plains on the map on this website Applications - GeoNB and slot in an address to see if it's likely to flood.

Application functionality:

Display a disclaimer
Search for a particular property, address, or location
Display flood risk areas and control transparency of flood risk areas
Display descriptions of flood risk areas

"FREDERICTON (CNB) - GeoNB, the free Internet-based application for viewing maps and aerial photos of New Brunswick, is launching a new flood information tool.

Available online, the new application allows anyone to search GeoNB for historical flooding data, capture the data, and print them.

Real estate agents and potential homebuyers will be able to determine quickly whether a prospective property is in a historical flood zone."

Flood map data on GeoNB map viewer (10/05/26)

Siouxie,

Thank looks great. I will try and figure out how to use it later today. We are off to North Wales for a weeks holiday and I am not sure if we will have internet connection. I will try later and see.

Thanks

DaveJ
Old Aug 8th 2015, 11:02 am
Account Closed

look left and down a bit

Last edited by scrubbedexpat133; Aug 8th 2015 at 11:04 am.
Old Aug 8th 2015, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

look left and down a bit
I am guessing Hampton or Saint John then

Cheers

DaveJ
Old Aug 9th 2015, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Siouxie,

Had a fiddle with that map tool this morning as suprise suprise its raining here in Wales! Great link! Thank you.

I can see the property and its not been involved in flooding for any of the time periods shown - over 100 yrs I think. Although the area had a bad flood in 2008!

We are also not in the fracking bit. I can't work out what the pink areas indicate on the fracking maps though? That said, we will all be in the fracking zone soon enough I guess as money always wins. A few poisoned rivers and waterways and dieing people will just be seen a collateral damage.

Great Resource!

Thanks

DaveJ
Old Aug 9th 2015, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

look left and down a bit
Alex in case you were wondering the guesses were a wild stab in the dark. To my eyes Riverview is up and to the right?
Old Aug 10th 2015, 1:18 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Siouxie,

Had a fiddle with that map tool this morning as suprise suprise its raining here in Wales! Great link! Thank you.

I can see the property and its not been involved in flooding for any of the time periods shown - over 100 yrs I think. Although the area had a bad flood in 2008!

We are also not in the fracking bit. I can't work out what the pink areas indicate on the fracking maps though? That said, we will all be in the fracking zone soon enough I guess as money always wins. A few poisoned rivers and waterways and dieing people will just be seen a collateral damage.

Great Resource!

Thanks

DaveJ
You are very welcome - glad it was of use!