Reload this Page >

Car with Salvage title

Car with Salvage title

Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

garvard will become famous soon enough
Default Car with Salvage title

Hi friends,
Who know, is it possible to drive in Canada with salvage title car?
I am a buyer of vehicles from US salvage auctions and have an opportyunity to buy a salvage car with small damages and export it to Canada as "goods to follow" when my immigration process will be completed. Such I will save about 25-30% of selling price in Canada, which is good for newcomer.
Or, do I need to apply for new title in Canada?
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car with Salvage title

Originally Posted by garvard
Hi friends,
Who know, is it possible to drive in Canada with salvage title car?
I am a buyer of vehicles from US salvage auctions and have an opportyunity to buy a salvage car with small damages and export it to Canada as "goods to follow" when my immigration process will be completed. Such I will save about 25-30% of selling price in Canada, which is good for newcomer.
Or, do I need to apply for new title in Canada?
If it's flood damaged, forget it.

In any event, you'll have to go through the Registrar of Imported Vehicles to bring a US car into Canada.

link
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

garvard will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Car with Salvage title

Originally Posted by Bill_S
If it's flood damaged, forget it.

In any event, you'll have to go through the Registrar of Imported Vehicles to bring a US car into Canada.
No, it's not flood damage. Just a front right fender damaged and should be replaced.