Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Car Rental - Ca vs UK

Car Rental - Ca vs UK

Old Jun 20th 2007, 11:38 pm
Living the Life at Last

iambof is on a distinguished road
Default Car Rental - Ca vs UK

Again can't find my answers on here anywhere. Maybe I'm bad at searching but here goes.

Does anyone know which is the cheaper option for car rental. Sorting here in the UK before we go or get it there when we arrive?
I've trawled the web countless times checking EVERY company and apart from UK quotes the others are really vague. A couple of the Canadian quotes look pretty cheap but don't mention insurance or extras.

Anybodys findings would be greaty appreciated.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Rental - Ca vs UK

Originally Posted by iambof
Again can't find my answers on here anywhere. Maybe I'm bad at searching but here goes.

Does anyone know which is the cheaper option for car rental. Sorting here in the UK before we go or get it there when we arrive?
I've trawled the web countless times checking EVERY company and apart from UK quotes the others are really vague. A couple of the Canadian quotes look pretty cheap but don't mention insurance or extras.

Anybodys findings would be greaty appreciated.

Hi Hun

We have always done it from the UK and used www.atlaschoice.com - they compare all of the firms that are available to rent you a car and their different options available for upgrade.

I would have thought that it was cheaper to rent from here as if you are already at the airport they know you need the car and therefore wouldnt find you the Best price .

This is how we have always looked at it too - it also give you quotes for one way car hire too pick up toronto and drop somewhere else.

Gaynor
x
Old Jun 20th 2007, 11:47 pm
Living the Life at Last

Thanks Gaynor.

We've always got ours through Airline Network with Thrifty. Pretty darn good prices. They include EVERYTHING in the price so you know you're ok.

Good luck with the house sale. We moved out of ours yesterday and the dosh is now in our account waiting to be transferred. Woohoo!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Gaynor.

We've always got ours through Airline Network with Thrifty. Pretty darn good prices. They include EVERYTHING in the price so you know you're ok.

Good luck with the house sale. We moved out of ours yesterday and the dosh is now in our account waiting to be transferred. Woohoo!
Hi iambof

Still check atlaschoice and compare them with Airline Ticket as I think they are very competitive and we have never had any problems with them.

If you have sold could you please send the dancers down the M60 a couple of junctions to mine please - that is if you are in Chadderton oldham

Gaynor
x
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:34 am
Living the Life at Last

Will do.

They're on their way, Gay.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Gaynor.

I used Airline Network and was very happy but this time i used Canadian Affair and their prices were also good with full insurance included, you need to phone if you haven't booked a flight through them and pay a £25 admin charge but i paid £343 for 2 weeks for a full size car incl insurance, full tank fuel, 2 drivers and it was a one way drop off. When the voucher arrived it turns out the rental company was Hertz. I tried and failed to get anywere near the same deal with Hertz direct.

We are taking it back today and have been very happy with the deal.