Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Car Insurance Red Deer

Wikiposts

Car Insurance Red Deer

Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car Insurance Red Deer

Hi guys,
I have seen a few threads on this but does anyone know of a good insurance company local to Red Deer that may take my husband's no claims from UK?
Tina
Old Mar 18th 2009, 2:11 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Insurance Red Deer

Originally Posted by albertabound
Hi guys,
I have seen a few threads on this but does anyone know of a good insurance company local to Red Deer that may take my husband's no claims from UK?
Tina

We use ING and MCKEE. They are really good, really helpful and everything is pretty simple - even gave me insurance before I got here so I could drive straight away. I can get you numbers later - gotta take the dog and get ready to go to work now
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:20 am
Just Joined

stuartmandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,
Tina
We used blue circle who are actually based in Calgary - done it all via e-mail, got original quotes online of over $3000 but blue circle gave us it for $1100. We had to provide a letter from our UK insurance company and our new Alberta drivers license numbers. The contact name in Red Deer was a guy called Dirk Bruggencate.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that PP and Stu Mandy, I have emailed them over to him.
Tina
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:12 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go! Ing and McKee 403 346 5547 or www.Ingandmckee.com

Our insurance is around the $1000 per year too for the pair of us to drive - depends on the value of the cars insured at any particular time to how much we pay......Did I read on another thread that you hubby had found a car? If not let me know and I'll pm you
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stuartmandy
We used blue circle who are actually based in Calgary - done it all via e-mail, got original quotes online of over $3000 but blue circle gave us it for $1100. We had to provide a letter from our UK insurance company and our new Alberta drivers license numbers. The contact name in Red Deer was a guy called Dirk Bruggencate.
Hi
Is this guy a broker?
Tina
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Kirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to all

I've heard of alot of people having trouble with car insurance when they come to Canada from the UK. We used Brokerlink, it was in Edmonton mind you but they have branches all over, they go through ING. We found it quite simple really, we had obtained letters from the Insurance companies we were with before coming to Canada, so the company used these and contacted the Insurance companies back home, this was used as proof of no claims. Insurance on our Jeep Grande Cherokee was $1100 for the year and that price covered most kinds of engines and cars even V8 engines.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Kirstine
I've heard of alot of people having trouble with car insurance when they come to Canada from the UK. We used Brokerlink, it was in Edmonton mind you but they have branches all over, they go through ING. We found it quite simple really, we had obtained letters from the Insurance companies we were with before coming to Canada, so the company used these and contacted the Insurance companies back home, this was used as proof of no claims. Insurance on our Jeep Grande Cherokee was $1100 for the year and that price covered most kinds of engines and cars even V8 engines.
Hi Kirstine, yeah our insurance is through ING too, I think it's some of the Provinces that have problems.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 2:57 am
Just Joined

stuartmandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Is this guy a broker?
Tina
Yeh he's a broker - just looked on the insurance document and the actual insurance company is called 'Economical Mutual Insurance Company'. That said, he sorted everything out really quickly and was easy to deal with. We got our home insurance through him aswell!
Old Mar 20th 2009, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

Hi All

We use ING and Mckee Red Deer also, we used a guy called Scott Romans. He got us some good discounts on car and house insurance....ING also accepted our no claims cert from the UK.

Julie
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi again,
thanks everyone for all the advice and numbers etc.
Neil got his insurance form ING & MCKEE. They accepted his proof of no claims from UK but only 6 years and not the 12.
I realise there is probably a cap on bonus's, so is 6 years it?
Tina