Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Car insurance and european driving experience

Car insurance and european driving experience

Old Oct 20th 2007, 12:07 am
Just Joined

justine2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car insurance and european driving experience

Our friends got credit for UK driving with ING through their broker when they arrived about 2 years ago. However I think they don't do it anymore as we couldn't get credit, even through our broker.

If your a member of a professional organization through your job you can usually get deals through them. I used TD Meloche Monnex through my organization and got a discount for my membership and 5 years of UK driving credited. I had to prove this with letters from my UK insurer and the DVLA. It took our quote down by 50%. Though it is still really expensive compared to UK.
Good luck
Old Oct 20th 2007, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice
Default Re: Car insurance and european driving experience

Originally Posted by justine2000
Our friends got credit for UK driving with ING through their broker when they arrived about 2 years ago. However I think they don't do it anymore as we couldn't get credit, even through our broker.

If your a member of a professional organization through your job you can usually get deals through them. I used TD Meloche Monnex through my organization and got a discount for my membership and 5 years of UK driving credited. I had to prove this with letters from my UK insurer and the DVLA. It took our quote down by 50%. Though it is still really expensive compared to UK.
Good luck
we have auto insurance thro ING and they have recognised our no claims from the UK. We arrived in July and bought a 03 SUV in Aug. They gave us 8 yrs no claims discount so the insurance cost $933, this is fully comp.
We bought another SUV yesterday and they have insured that also with no qualms. They then gave us another discount of the first car and house contents for purchasing another insurance from them.
We have recieved first class service every time, in fact yesterday we rang thro the details and the ins document was ready to pick up 10 mins later, drove to register and hey presto all in all took 45 mins.
jo