Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Car hire from Toronto Airport?

Car hire from Toronto Airport?

Old May 3rd 2006, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

weener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the rough
Default Car hire from Toronto Airport?

Hi

Whats the best place for car Hire form Toronto airport and whats the averge price for a family room (for 3) in a hotel/motel.

Thanks for your help.
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Car hire from Toronto Airport?

Originally Posted by weener
Hi

Whats the best place for car Hire form Toronto airport and whats the averge price for a family room (for 3) in a hotel/motel.

Thanks for your help.
I tend to use Hertz at Toronto, easy pickup and drop off. There are loads of hotels around the airport, prices vary depending on locality and room size. For 3 of you try to get a suite with two doubles and a pull out sofa, Sandalwood Suites Hotel would be around £65 and a short drive from the terminal.

HTH.

Patrick.
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Moved to lifestyle forum - you'll get better answers to non-immigration questions there
Old May 4th 2006, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

jazzist is an unknown quantity at this point

I need to hire a car soon to for a pre-move visit, we're flying canadian affair and they also do car hire. They are the cheapest I've found so far but I haven't booked anything. So if anyone knows a cheaper company I'd be interested to!

Old May 4th 2006, 11:55 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzist
I need to hire a car soon to for a pre-move visit, we're flying canadian affair and they also do car hire. They are the cheapest I've found so far but I haven't booked anything. So if anyone knows a cheaper company I'd be interested to!

Yes most car hire companies are cheaper if you book direct!!!!
Old May 4th 2006, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

jazzist is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Yes most car hire companies are cheaper if you book direct!!!!
I've gotten a few quotes directly from the companies websites and they're all more than canadian affair.

Do give me some examples incase I missed some, if you can
Old May 4th 2006, 12:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

My parents come for a month each year and I arrange a rental car for them, usually something horrible like a Camry, I phone around until I find one for <$1,000; last October it was $800. I call the majors, Hertz, Budget, National, Dollar etc. and call multiple offices of the same agency, as some are franchised. One year I tried the local companies but only Rent-A-Wreck was cheaper than Hertz. I charge the car to my Amex so the parents can take the waivers, that's good for ten bucks a day or more.

A word of warning. The car rental facility, like everything else at Pearson, stinks. There's no gold card service with Hertz, no timely buses, no knowing you by name. If you want to feel looked after fly into Buffalo and drive from there.
Old May 4th 2006, 12:05 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

I've gotten a few quotes directly from the companies websites and they're all more than canadian affair.

Do give me some examples incase I missed some, if you can
Ok first one I checked
Alamo 147.54
Canadian affair 149
Based on fully inclusive economy for one week 11-18th may
Old May 4th 2006, 12:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok first one I checked
Alamo 147.54
Canadian affair 149
Based on fully inclusive economy for one week 11-18th may
Those quotes are too low, do they not include taxes and whatnot ?

(My $800, $200/week, is the actual cost.)
Old May 4th 2006, 12:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dbd33
Those quotes are too low, do they not include taxes and whatnot ?

(My $800, $200/week, is the actual cost.)
yeah they include it all
BUT since the poster concerned is in UK and said Canadian Affair (which prices in £) is cheaper I quoted in £ sorry for confusion
Old May 4th 2006, 12:12 pm
Assimilated Pauper

yeah they include it all
BUT since the poster concerned is in UK and said Canadian Affair (which prices in £) is cheaper I quoted in £ sorry for confusion

Of course!

<slaps forehead>
Old May 4th 2006, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

We have used www.wheelsabroad.com 3 times on our trips to Canada. Very competitive prices and a really good website to book through. Also helpful on the phone should you want to clarify anything. Worth a look.

Pennyhp
Old May 4th 2006, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of light

I used Enterprise, though hired locally in Newmarket on my recent trip. Not sure if they are the cheapest, but my friend organised it for me!

One tip I would offer however, is check out whether your insurance in the UK can cover you to drive a rental car in Canada, or if your visa card etc offers any such perks. I had no idea whether or not I was covered and so didn't want to tke the chance and ended up paying nearly as much again for the insurance cover. Thte prices they quote are not inclusive of insurance:scared:
Snowqueen
Old May 4th 2006, 8:12 pm

Canada Jane has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by weener
Hi

Thanks for your help.
Hi

For our last three visits we have used Yes Car Hire who use Alamo cars. They come up consistantly cheaper than others.

http://www.yescarhire.com/

Never had a problem with them either.

Jane
Old May 5th 2006, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

Mapboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I've recently used discount codes (both in Canada and UK) to get 40% discounts on quoted rates. No questions asked.

Where do you get them? At another forum: http://flyertalk.com/forum/.

There is a subforum for Avis at http://flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=420. In here, there is an extensive discussion thread called 'Avis Discount Codes'. I found an AWD code here that gave the 40%. Just try a few out and see.

There are other subforums for other rental companies.

This discount combined with declining the insurance coverage (I'm covered by my credit card) made it *really* cheap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.