car hire

Old Jul 16th 2011, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

kieu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default car hire

Hi i am new to the forum i am going to canada in the next few weeks to see is it the right place for me and my family to make a new life. my question is would it be cheaper to book car hire on line or book car hire when we get to canada. I am from ireland and have Three you children
Old Jul 16th 2011, 11:57 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car hire

You will probably get the best deal if you book your can rental through the same company you buy your flights from.

And a heads up about Canadian English. You hire people but you rent things.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

Hi,

We rented a car for 2 weeks and returned it last Sunday. Used Dollar this time, but have used Budget, Avis and National. I would book online, looking for the best price but don't forget most quotes don't include the waiver fee, which can vary greatly.

Good luck!
Old Jul 17th 2011, 12:34 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

You'd probably get a better deal from UK, we used to use Autos abroad or something like that
Old Jul 17th 2011, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

chriskatie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We usually use Canadian Affair as they've always been cheaper than going direct to the car rental companies, however I've just found a much better deal for this summer from Budget going through e-bookers.

Chris.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyLovelock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chriskatie
Hi,

We usually use Canadian Affair as they've always been cheaper than going direct to the car rental companies, however I've just found a much better deal for this summer from Budget going through e-bookers.

Chris.
Word of caution if ever you book car rental through Crappy Affair, sorry Canadian Affair! If you have to change your dates, even through no fault of your own (like your mother in law passing away!) then they will not change your car rental dates or refund you, they will simply take your money, and not pay the Canadian car rental company a penny, as they dont charge if a cancellation is made in plenty of time, or for extenuating (sp?!) circumstances! I would always recommend booking direct with the car rental company, I use Enterprise but I think most have great deals and are good!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

canadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
You'd probably get a better deal from UK, we used to use Autos abroad or something like that
Yes, I've latched onto that trick. Despite having CDW cover on my credit card, using UK versions of global rental company websites, I'm getting all the extras thrown in for the same cost as just basic rental in Canada or US. Hertz are particularly good on this, plus I recently used Budget, although in both cases this was for a US trip not Canadian. It's worth it simply to see the look on the face of the rental agent who cannot sell you anything. It ruins their day, and you get your car quickly and without an argument or feeling that you're gambling with your soul.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

I have rentedtwice by booking in advance online. Hertz and then Avis .. both excellent and chosen based on price each time. Collected at Halifax airport with no delays / problems etc.