car help

Old Oct 27th 2004, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

gary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default car help

Hi

Coming out to Canada over the easter weeks, i am trying to hire a car as we are going to Toronto,then to Lonodon, then the "falls" then back to Toronto.

So do i hire A 4 X 4 IN CASE OF SNOW, or a normal mid size car will be ok?

thanks in advance

Gary
Old Oct 27th 2004, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice
Default Re: car help

You are looking for an excuse to drive an SUV. Go for it, you'll enjoy it, whether it snows or not.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 5:04 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

You wont "need" an SUV, very few people really do, but maybe better to get it out of your system as a hire car than to buy one when you land!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gary123
Hi

Coming out to Canada over the easter weeks, i am trying to hire a car as we are going to Toronto,then to Lonodon, then the "falls" then back to Toronto.

thanks in advance

Gary
Had an SUV in April (in Toronto) and it was fantastic couldn't have done with out it
Old Oct 28th 2004, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

We have been all through this before - an SUV is a waste of gas. Get a sedan with winter tires.

If you want an SUV - then like someone says - rent one for a couple of weeks and hopefully you will get it out of your system.

I have a hankering for an SUV - maybe I should rent one and get it out of my system!!!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lizwil98
We have been all through this before - an SUV is a waste of gas. Get a sedan with winter tires.

If you want an SUV - then like someone says - rent one for a couple of weeks and hopefully you will get it out of your system.

I have a hankering for an SUV - maybe I should rent one and get it out of my system!!!

Lizwil98 I think gary123 is out here for only a few weeks on a research trip. So is not looking to buy only to rent If im wrong feel free to give me a slap
Old Oct 28th 2004, 1:52 am
Glaswegian

Rent yourself an SUV ... just remember how much it costs to fill the tank with gas if you decide to emigrate

Old Oct 28th 2004, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Rent yourself an SUV ... just remember how much it costs to fill the tank with gas if you decide to emigrate
To right had a mini van cost $60 to fill up.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hawkeye
As a tourist its better than £60!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Hi

thanks in advance

Gary
I hired a 4x4 last time i visited canada and was able to follow some trails inthe coiuntry that i wouldn't have attemped in a 'normal' car. had great fun, though wouldn't own one, still saving for my canadian sooby! go for it!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 1:00 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by hawkeye
By comparison, it costs $30 to fill the tank on a civic.

Old Oct 28th 2004, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

HaMa is an unknown quantity at this point

i thought id add my 2cents worth here,

i ve been driving and owned suv for a few years in the uk and middle east, and it is hard to get back to driviing a normal car becuase of diffrences in height and sizes,
what i would say is that if you are planning on doing alot of highway driving then maybe a suv is better, or any off road country side driving.

gas is important to remember, had a toyota landcruiser with a 150litre petrol tank (90 standard+60 sub tank) and used to cost about £120 to fill, which is like crazy :scared: , but it does last for a very long time,

i think if your in canada then renting it there is alot better than the uk, diffrences in rental prices gas prices etc, are in your favour. and exchange rate is good at the moment,

a good site i would recommend for rental is

http://www.carrentalexpress.com/ , they have very good prices, but remember to check diffrent companies some charge airport pickup fees others dont , so shop around

HaMa
Old Oct 28th 2004, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Higgy is on a distinguished road

I was over in Toronto in June/July this year and hired a nice shiny brand new Dodge Durango. Loved the thing to bits They had to prize (prob wrong spelling) the keys out of my fingers at the airport. ) I would go with the 4X4 if money isnt that much of an issue. I did over 2500 km's and it didnt cost me that much in fuel. Wouldnt like to run the sucker here though, i would need a bank loan for the fuel bills
Old Oct 28th 2004, 4:39 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Higgy
Wouldnt like to run the sucker here though, i would need a bank loan for the fuel bills
After living in Canada a few years and getting used to pay in CDN$, youll feel the same way about it here too!