Reload this Page >

Car Finance with no Job

Car Finance with no Job

Old May 15th 2008, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

HelNAl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Finance with no Job

Hi All,

Have heard that the easiest way to build a quick credit history is with car finance. Can this be approved if you arrive with no job but a good deposit.Obviously we could just buy outright but this would not help the credit rating! Any experience/advise would be appreciated.
Thanks Helen
Old May 15th 2008, 11:21 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Finance with no Job

Don't know if it's possible. However would you give someone finance on a car without an income?
Old May 15th 2008, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Don't know if it's possible. However would you give someone finance on a car without an income?
We have been here since October. Bought first car outright as neither of us had a job at that point and dealership were doubtful we'd get approved on financing. OH has since got a job and has now been approved for financing on our second car purchase even though she's only been there a couple of months. As I am going through the licensing courses to become a realtor, I am not working at present and so to try and get a start on my credit history, I have applied for a Capital One Secured Mastercard. I was approved on the basis of being a student (and of course giving them $1k of my money to hold at 0% interest!) Wont know for a few months how much of a positive impact it is having but I'm told it helps.

E&J
Old May 15th 2008, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

shazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Getting There
We have been here since October. Bought first car outright as neither of us had a job at that point and dealership were doubtful we'd get approved on financing. OH has since got a job and has now been approved for financing on our second car purchase even though she's only been there a couple of months. As I am going through the licensing courses to become a realtor, I am not working at present and so to try and get a start on my credit history, I have applied for a Capital One Secured Mastercard. I was approved on the basis of being a student (and of course giving them $1k of my money to hold at 0% interest!) Wont know for a few months how much of a positive impact it is having but I'm told it helps.

E&J
Hi,
Having a contract phone, is good to start a credit rating, also helps build your credit history, paying mobile phone bills, mortgage, etc on time also build credit history. We have been here in Canada just under a year now, and have been told we have a good credit rating. Hope this helps!!!
shazza 151
Old May 15th 2008, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Mobile phone contracts don't count towards credit rating, it appears on your credit check if you apply for it but with a note saying "This item is not displayed to all credit grantors".
Old May 15th 2008, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazza151
Hi,
Having a contract phone, is good to start a credit rating, also helps build your credit history, paying mobile phone bills, mortgage, etc on time also build credit history. We have been here in Canada just under a year now, and have been told we have a good credit rating. Hope this helps!!!
shazza 151
I was told by our mortgage broker that our timely mortgage payments did NOT positively impact our credit rating. But if you fall behind on payments, this negatively impacts your rating. I can certainly see the latter is true but I don't know about the former...seems sort of harsh not to get some recognition for making what, for many (certainly for us), is THE most significant monthly outlay on a credit repayment.

J&E
Old May 15th 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Getting There
I was told by our mortgage broker that our timely mortgage payments did NOT positively impact our credit rating. But if you fall behind on payments, this negatively impacts your rating.

J&E
We were told much the same thing but our bank advisor told us to apply for a credit card was one of the quickest ways to build up credit history even if you didnt want to use it , I have an aversion to the things but just put your petrol on it and pay it of at end of every month Also to apply for a store card I know huge interest rates are usually attached to them but just to buy the odd small thing on it ,and again pay it of in full