Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Can't sell the house and no plan B

Can't sell the house and no plan B

Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:24 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can't sell the house and no plan B

Originally Posted by cneldred
we finally exchanged contracts today with completion due in 4 weeks time. We took a price 15% under the price we initially listed at last May, have cut price twice since and still dropped under the much lower asking prices. Just had enough and decided better the devil you know, we wanted the clean break. We changed agent in Feb and had a buyer within 4 weeks. We think the fresh approach helped massively the house was getting stale with our original agents. Although that was a little difficult as the original agent was a good friend.

Good luck to all selling up in the UK.

Chris
well done so pleased for you, you can get moving now, we dropped £15000 on our asking price the lower price got people through the door and finally buyer we're waiting to exchange any time now
Good luck
Terese
Old Apr 19th 2008, 3:32 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot

Wish you luck lets hope things start moving again soon
The luck might be starting to work - we've clocked at least 3 cars stopping outside and having a look today, hopefully that develops into some viewings next week
Old Apr 19th 2008, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
The luck might be starting to work - we've clocked at least 3 cars stopping outside and having a look today, hopefully that develops into some viewings next week
Thats promising

get some flowers out there if you haven't already remember curb appeal,

Im going to get a freind to walk through mine and jot down anything that doesn't look right, a fresh pair of eyes.

We have hired a van for the weekend and have done 2 trips to the tip, today,

shifting all the rubble and rubbish the last builders left also to move all the kids stuff to London tomorrow they are at uni we told them what you don't want you can get rid of I feel like i am reclaiming my house
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:57 pm
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of

I thought about some of you who are having problems selling. Obviously, people are less willing to buy because it's harder to get loans and their worried about negative equity.

However, people still need homes and still may want to move.

Have you thought about renting out your homes with an option to buy clause in the contract? That would give some security to the renter who may want to buy the house in three years when the market has calmed, and you'd get a good renter who would treat the house like their own?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

deborahchloe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dan725
Only thing I can think of (rather than continually postpone) is that you just get on a plane with minimal gear and go on ahead to Canada and live cheap, with family to follow once the house is sold.
Hi there,

Not sure if this is reassuring or not. We had no money when we came over here. We'd heard everyone saying you needed money but we had no more than $10000 which is nothing when you consider $6000 went straightaway.
Anyway, I kinda feel that this NEED for money is way too hyped. My husband came over on a Work Permit, so we have an income and we live comfortably instead of extravagantly. Some poeple come over from UK woth loads of money, buy big house, flash cars etc etc and that is fine if you have money, but YOU CAN DO IT without all this and be living your dream.

The only other suggestion I can give is cut loses and sell to one of these companies that buy your house off you cheap. If you've made enough to live comfortably hten this is an option.

Good Luck

Debs