Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canda Live show - worth it ?

Canda Live show - worth it ?

Old Aug 7th 2012, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

alidew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canda Live show - worth it ?

The Canada Live show will be in Glasgow next month - did anyone attend one of these shows before making the move ? Was it worth it ?
Old Aug 7th 2012, 2:49 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canda Live show - worth it ?

If your on the very start of your journey you might find it informative, but now you have found this website you'll get most if not all questions answered on here.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Bumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond repute

I went to the one in Birmingham this year. I was disapointed.
To start with it is not Canada live it is Canada, Australia and New Zeland live. The majority of the stalls were aimed at Aus and New Z.
The total number of stalls was around 20 - 25.

I agree with the above post. If you are just starting out you will get a bit of useful information and it is good to talk face to face with people. However, there is nothing you can learn there that you can't learn on this site
Old Aug 8th 2012, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies, that's what I thought.

A friend did go to the one in London's Olympia 4 years ago and from that her husband did get a construction job offer (they have been in Edmonton for 3 years now), but I have to say this website is a wonderful resource !
Old Aug 8th 2012, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

We missed the one in Glasgow last year, so we drove all the way to Birmingham and stayed a night.

That was a chunk of money we could have used elsewhere, lol.

However, I did enjoy the presentation they did by people living there after emigrating. Also a couple of actual Canadians talking, lol.

We talked to a couple of the pet movers that were there, but we still didn't really get a clear understanding of what happens. I think they are scared to give out too much info in case you decide to go elsewhere, or do it yourself.

If you have some spare cash at the weekend and some spare time then why not. Every little helps.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alidew
Thanks for the replies, that's what I thought.

A friend did go to the one in London's Olympia 4 years ago and from that her husband did get a construction job offer (they have been in Edmonton for 3 years now), but I have to say this website is a wonderful resource !
And its FREE
Old Aug 8th 2012, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

no, it's not free - £20 a ticket ! We are planning on taking our youngish dog with us, so speaking to pet removers may be useful. However we are planning on allowing our elderly cat to retire to my parents' house on the Costa del Clyde !
Old Aug 8th 2012, 12:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alidew
no, it's not free - £20 a ticket ! We are planning on taking our youngish dog with us, so speaking to pet removers may be useful. However we are planning on allowing our elderly cat to retire to my parents' house on the Costa del Clyde !
The advice and resources on this website are FREE
Old Aug 8th 2012, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

oh sorry - I thought you meant the show ! And very good information on here too :-)
Old Aug 9th 2012, 5:47 am
Just Joined

Freddy_uk is an unknown quantity at this point

I had tickets for Leeds but found out no employers or recruiters from Canada would be there just immigration consultants. It was heavily geared towards oz and nz so i got a refund.
Old Aug 9th 2012, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

hellcats is an unknown quantity at this point

We went to the one in Marchester and didn't find it in the least useful. I too got a refund. (unfortunetly not for the petrol from Scotland ;o( )
Old Aug 9th 2012, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

we could always try and organise another BE get-together in Glasgow? We did that probably about a year ago and it was pretty good - people from all stages of the process exchanging tips
Old Aug 9th 2012, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough

In a word...NO, it is not worth it! All the info you'll ever need is on t'interweb! Research and ask and you'll get there.
Old Aug 9th 2012, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

thanks folks, if there are no recruiters going then it'll be a waste of time. Think I understand the various immigration processes, will be interesting to see what 2013 changes come into force.
Old Aug 9th 2012, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Simpson38 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, the new 2013 process is what interests me most at the mo. Fingers crossed it will speed up the process, although I have a feeling I'm wishing for the moon......