Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

CANCELLED MONARCH FLIGHT CALGARY TO MANCHESTER 17 JAN 09

CANCELLED MONARCH FLIGHT CALGARY TO MANCHESTER 17 JAN 09

Old Nov 7th 2008, 3:31 am
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice
Default CANCELLED MONARCH FLIGHT CALGARY TO MANCHESTER 17 JAN 09

Read a thread on here yesterday about Monarch flights from Calgary to Manchester being cancelled.
Decided to call Canadian Affair to check on my flight from Calgary to Manchester on 17th Jan 09, was told that it HAD been cancelled and they couldnt get me ( plus Mr us3 and Master us3) on the 14th Jan flight but could do 20th Jan via Toronto or direct 21st Jan.
Dont think my boss would have been happy with taking another week off work.
Decided to come back Calgary to Gatwick on 15th Jan and book a connecting flight up to Manchester.

Canadian Affair did say that they will be contacting customers soon.

Thought you should all know before all the flights have gone and your stranded.

From what I can gather Monarch may stop flying to Canada from Manchester and just use London Airports. I may be wrong!

Canadian Affair 020 7616 9184 open Mon to Fri 08.30 to 9pm unsure week end hours

Last edited by us3andthedog; Nov 7th 2008 at 5:24 am.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 5:22 am
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice
Default Re: CANCELLED MONARCH FLIGHT CALGARY TO MANCHESTER 17 JAN 09

Is anyone else booked on this flight?
Old Nov 7th 2008, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by us3andthedog
Read a thread on here yesterday about Monarch flights from Calgary to Manchester being cancelled.
Decided to call Canadian Affair to check on my flight from Calgary to Manchester on 17th Jan 09, was told that it HAD been cancelled and they couldnt get me ( plus Mr us3 and Master us3) on the 14th Jan flight but could do 20th Jan via Toronto or direct 21st Jan.
Dont think my boss would have been happy with taking another week off work.
Decided to come back Calgary to Gatwick on 15th Jan and book a connecting flight up to Manchester.

Canadian Affair did say that they will be contacting customers soon.

Thought you should all know before all the flights have gone and your stranded.

From what I can gather Monarch may stop flying to Canada from Manchester and just use London Airports. I may be wrong!

Canadian Affair 020 7616 9184 open Mon to Fri 08.30 to 9pm unsure week end hours
This is how Zoom started to go wasn't it ?

We lost our flights with Zoom and couldn't get another flight well not without paying an extra £500

hope it works out okay
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:52 pm
Cochrane AB Bound!

Didnt have to pay any extra for the flight, just £145 to BA to fly Gatwick to Manchester
Old Nov 8th 2008, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by us3andthedog
Didnt have to pay any extra for the flight, just £145 to BA to fly Gatwick to Manchester
Why are you having to pay for the connecting flight? Is that because you did not take the alternatives Canadian Affair offered?

Just wondered, because when we come back, we are flying from Mancehster to Gatwick then to Calgary, but there was no mention of us having to pay anything at all - but then all the flights CA offered were via somewhere, no direct ones on offer. I am sure it is a BA flight we are getting down to Gatwick.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 3:35 am
Cochrane AB Bound!

They offered us Calgary to Manchester via Toronto on 20th Jan or direct 21st, I had to ask for Calgary to Gatwick on the 15th, wasnt going to offer it to me, there was one on the 17th with Monarch but after my experience with Monarch decided to come back a bit earlier with Thomas Cook.
May call them to ask if they will foot the bill for the connecting flight back to Manchester

Last edited by us3andthedog; Nov 8th 2008 at 3:37 am.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 3:44 am
Cochrane AB Bound!

Just called Canadian Affair and was advised to email their customer services dept who will be able to help me further, will keep you posted.