Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian Washing Machines

Canadian Washing Machines

Old Apr 25th 2007, 7:55 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Washing Machines

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
<enter stage left... dingbat...>

PMSL....I have been a happy dingbat of late for a variety of reasons, one key reason being a box of Persil sitting in my laundry room that actually cleans the clothes...that and a Whirlpool Duet Team, newly serviced.

All I can say is...say bye bye to the luverrly white washing you have been used to. After a while, the off-white/greyish colour is not so bad.....
Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingbat
PMSL....I have been a happy dingbat of late for a variety of reasons, one key reason being a box of Persil sitting in my laundry room that actually cleans the clothes...that and a Whirlpool Duet Team, newly serviced.

All I can say is...say bye bye to the luverrly white washing you have been used to. After a while, the off-white/greyish colour is not so bad.....
I am sooooo glad it's not just me with grey, dingy whites.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
My wife much prefers the Canadian machines to the UK ones.
Me too, I love the speed of a cycle here and I also love how much I can stuff into it. I can get a king comforter (UK superking) in mine...

I don't *think* my clothes are grubbier but I could be wrong.

These big frontloader ones you see here - are they even available in Europe? Or is it a pseudo-Euro thing? I don't think I ever saw any of that size, or with the box thingies underneath in the UK. But I never did spend a lot of time looking at washing machines so maybe I missed them
Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Me too, I love the speed of a cycle here and I also love how much I can stuff into it. I can get a king comforter (UK superking) in mine...

I don't *think* my clothes are grubbier but I could be wrong.

These big frontloader ones you see here - are they even available in Europe? Or is it a pseudo-Euro thing? I don't think I ever saw any of that size, or with the box thingies underneath in the UK. But I never did spend a lot of time looking at washing machines so maybe I missed them
My friend...who lives in the UK...bought a US front loader a year ago. I didn't like to say anything to her...she was so thrilled with it. When I went over this year she was cursing the thing...didn't clean or spin the washing anything like her old machine.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:46 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

When my wife was in the UK shed tried to do the whole weeks washing in one go..
Needless to say it didn’t fit, and with a combined washer dryer it didn’t dry either.
It took about a year to get used to doing smaller a more frequent washes.

Now we’re back in Canada but she has a higher environmental awareness courtesy of UK electricity and water bills, so we naturally now use the lowest water setting on our top loader, use much less detergent, and due to the wonderful bleaching effect the sun had on diaper liners, we have taken to air drying (when possible) all whites so as to get the bright whiteness back and keep the electricity bills down..
Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:51 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK
.... and due to the wonderful bleaching effect the sun had on diaper liners, we have taken to air drying (when possible) all whites so as to get the bright whiteness back and keep the electricity bills down..
I would do just that, but for a stupid bylaw here that forbids anyone from hanging out their washing. Why my city council muppets think that the locals would get offended by someone's white knickers flying in the wind is beyond me....
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Ah Persil! If only they sold it here, lovely stuff.

Warning! A bit too much info coming up................Another problem I have is that I am allergic to toilet tissue. I seem to be only ok with Kleenex and I'm having trouble finding that at the moment around my area. I had to go with Charmin and that is giving me jip (sorry)
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by fishfinger
Ah Persil! If only they sold it here, lovely stuff.

Warning! A bit too much info coming up................Another problem I have is that I am allergic to toilet tissue. I seem to be only ok with Kleenex and I'm having trouble finding that at the moment around my area. I had to go with Charmin and that is giving me jip (sorry)
I find it amazing the amount of lint that comes off the paper...how I long for Andrex.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:11 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

I would do just that, but for a stupid bylaw here that forbids anyone from hanging out their washing. Why my city council muppets think that the locals would get offended by someone's white knickers flying in the wind is beyond me....
That’s the level of stupidity I come to expect over here

Canadians talk the environment but don’t walk it

We'll make a big hoo har about banning inefficient light bulbs, but not even bother to remove stupid by laws that prevent people using clothes lines to really save energy without any significant cost

I think one clothes line used for even 30% of the year will save huge amounts of energy
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:21 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK
Canadians talk the environment but don’t walk it
Who? Where?

Other people talk about the canadian environment, but I dont think most Canadians pretend to give a damn beyond taking the beer bottles back for a refund and doing some kerbside recycling.

When you have to heat in the winter, and cool in the summer to be comfortable, then everything else is going to make little difference to the overall picture anyway. Just look at the number of V8 trucks among us...tells a story. Even the smallest compact cars typically have at least a 1.6liter motor, many dont even get below 2liters. Kyoto is long since forgotten.

A far as I was aware not too many canadians are even pretending to make a stand.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I find it amazing the amount of lint that comes off the paper...how I long for Andrex.
Yes Andrex for me = no itching!!
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

moonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nice

Are you sure you haven't got piles?
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moonraker
Are you sure you haven't got piles?
No! Different area itching
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:36 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Too much information fishfinger!
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:37 pm
Part Time Poster

No! Different area itching
Please tell me that has nothing to do with your User name

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.