Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian Political Choices

Canadian Political Choices

Old Dec 3rd 2005, 11:03 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canadian Political Choices

Your choices, Citizens:

Paul Martin is a zillionaire going through the motions of trying to understand life on the other side but without a clue or hope and...

...the Liberals are crooks.

Steven Harper is a power glutton with no interest in anything except putting PM behind his name and...

...the Conservatives are crooks but haven't had a chance to reach the cookie jar.

The NDP are fiscal disasters at anything they do putting thousands of workers they pretend to support out of work by killing the employers and...

...the NDP are crooks and wouldn't be smart enough to open the cookie jar even if they were let into the kitchen. And if they did get in, they'd smash the jar.

The Bloc...well, that's a whole other party of Bloc heads and...

...the Bloc are crooks but don't know where the cookie jar is because the label is in English only.

So who's left?

The Greens? Whatever Dude. Like the store was like totally out of tofu so like I missed lunch and totally dissed the manager and told him to like not sell farmed salmon and maybe like we can eat pine beetles and spruce bug worm instead and change my car (if I could like afford one) to run on tofu if the store like...had any?...and...

... the Greens are crooks but the weed haze made them forget the cookie jar and lid came from the mining industry, the cabinet is from the logging industry, the flour in the cookies are from genetically modified wheat and it didn't arrive at the bakery on the carrier of a cargo bike!
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 11:13 pm
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Canadian Political Choices

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Your choices, Citizens:

Paul Martin is a zillionaire going through the motions of trying to understand life on the other side but without a clue or hope and...

...the Liberals are crooks.

Steven Harper is a power glutton with no interest in anything except putting PM behind his name and...

...the Conservatives are crooks but haven't had a chance to reach the cookie jar.

The NDP are fiscal disasters at anything they do putting thousands of workers they pretend to support out of work by killing the employers and...

...the NDP are crooks and wouldn't be smart enough to open the cookie jar even if they were let into the kitchen. And if they did get in, they'd smash the jar.

The Bloc...well, that's a whole other party of Bloc heads and...

...the Bloc are crooks but don't know where the cookie jar is because the label is in English only.

So who's left?

The Greens? Whatever Dude. Like the store was like totally out of tofu so like I missed lunch and totally dissed the manager and told him to like not sell farmed salmon and maybe like we can eat pine beetles and spruce bug worm instead and change my car (if I could like afford one) to run on tofu if the store like...had any?...and...

... the Greens are crooks but the weed haze made them forget the cookie jar and lid came from the mining industry, the cabinet is from the logging industry, the flour in the cookies are from genetically modified wheat and it didn't arrive at the bakery on the carrier of a cargo bike!

Snigger!

Unfortuantely it looks like my citizenship won't be through in time for me to vote - so I can't vote for my particular shade of crook.

Clare
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 11:21 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

No mention of the Marijuana Party ? Are you really in BC, dude ?

Last election we had the choice of eight candidates, among them a Marxist-Leninist, a Yogic Flyer and a Green. Sadly, there's no Rhino Party anymore.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 12:33 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
No mention of the Marijuana Party ? Are you really in BC, dude ?

Last election we had the choice of eight candidates, among them a Marxist-Leninist, a Yogic Flyer and a Green. Sadly, there's no Rhino Party anymore.
If you insist dude, though I'm not advocating the use of recreational illict substances to widen the mind, open hidden streams of consciousness, explore deep inner space, speak with dolphins, contact aliens, aid with levitation, or simply as another form of human self-abuse:

http://www.marijuanaparty.com/index.en.php3

Though my perception, skewed and twisted as it may be, is that the MP is a bit BC-centric (B-Centric ??) but it looks like MP was born outta Montreal.

Funky kinda Christmas tree pic attached. It's got buds, no baubles

Rich
Attached Thumbnails Canadian Political Choices-images-ganja-tree.jpg  

Last edited by Rich_007; Dec 4th 2005 at 12:40 am.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 12:43 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
If you insist dude, though I'm not advocating the use of recreational illict substances to widen the mind, open hidden streams of consciousness, explore deep inner space, speak with dolphins, contact aliens, aid with levitation, or simply as another form of human self-abuse:

http://www.marijuanaparty.com/index.en.php3

Though my perception, skewed and twisted as it may be, is that the MP is a bit BC-centric (B-Centric ??) but it looks like MP was born outta Montreal.

Funky kinda Christmas tree pic attached. It's got buds, no baubles

Rich
Nice bush you have.

Only four declared candidates here so far. The actual race is Liberal vs. NDP but there's also a Green and a Conservative.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 12:53 am
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by dbd33
Nice bush you have.
Nice yeah but what do I hang on it

Rich.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 5:48 am
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

Helping Paul Martin through the Sponsorship Scandal...

A man, on his way home from work, came to a dead halt in traffic and thought to himself, "Wow, this traffic seems worse than usual. Nothing's even moving."

He notices a police officer walking back and forth between the lines of cars, so he rolls down his window and asks, "Officer - what's the holdup?"

The officer replies, "Paul Martin is very depressed after the last Liberal caucus meeting. He feels that the Liberals will lose the next federal election over the Sponsorship Scandal. He stopped his motorcade in the middle of the freeway and he's threatening to douse himself in gasoline and set himself on fire. He says his family hates him and he doesn't have enough money to pay back contracts given to his friends. We're taking up a collection for him."

"Oh really? How much have you got so far?"

"About three hundred litres, but a lot of people are still siphoning."