Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian Pharmacolgy books

Canadian Pharmacolgy books

Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

CathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura about
Default Canadian Pharmacolgy books

Hi just had letter of confirmation through does anyone in the UK have any canadian phamacology books I could buy from them or borrow will reimburse cost also has anyone done any of the online courses
cathy
Old Mar 19th 2008, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

san38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Canadian Pharmacolgy books

not sure why someone would want to lend their books to a total stranger, r u in canada? that is a weird expectation.

Sorry
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

love_it_here will become famous soon enoughlove_it_here will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CathynPaul
Hi just had letter of confirmation through does anyone in the UK have any canadian phamacology books I could buy from them or borrow will reimburse cost also has anyone done any of the online courses
cathy
Are you doing the PEBC exams? Just use UK pharmacology book, (Lang+Dale) afterall pharmacology is the same here as it is there !
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by san38
not sure why someone would want to lend their books to a total stranger, r u in canada? that is a weird expectation.

Sorry
I would if I had any and I was local. You untrusting soul you.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

CathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura about

Thank you !! I am in the uk and things are starting to get expensive $ 500 for each course X2 that is required from Fraser health plus books at $95 X2 just thought maybe someone had finished with theirs please don't reply unless you can be of assistance I never thought about it being a weird request but hey ho each to their own!!!!!!!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:25 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cathyn

Have you tried Amazon, I have got a few things off that website from America and I am situated in England.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:30 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Try this link I hope it works http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/...macology+books

Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:09 pm
Sloopy Dippinsprinkles

MrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really nice

Hi there CathynPaul - Can I ask why your having to do courses and pay for them? Is this specific to your post. Would your employer not be willing to contribute? Is it something you were aware of? Sorry for all the questions. I'm partly ingrigued and partly worrying that this could be something which crops up for me, although I'm going to a different province/health care provider.

Hope you get your books. Amazon is definitely a good resource and you can get second hand books.

Good luck in vancouver once you get there.

Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

cathy
Maybe these sites will help:

http://www.pharmacyprep.com/

http://pubs.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/rp-ps/jou...=cjpp&lang=eng

British companies such as GlaxoSmithKline have plants in Canada, maybe they can help?
Old Mar 20th 2008, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi thanks to everyone who has put suggestions on here.
I did not know I had to do these courses until yesterday however Fraser health will reimburse when I get there it just the initial cost on top of everything else may be worh your while contacting your health authority now at least you can then budget!!!!!!!
I will try the websites thanks again cathy
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Hi
I don't have a book to lend you (otherwise I would), but have you tried Blackwells book store? http://bookshop.blackwell.co.uk/jsp/welcome.jsp
I have just had to buy loads of books for my forthcoming midwifery exams, one of which is a Canadian pharmacology/nursing drugs book but I am still waiting for it to arrive. The other books I ordered have been quite quick in arriving.

I know what you mean about paying for courses/exams etc - I have just forked out almost $4000

It's really confusing as in midwifery, they use lots of different drugs there to what we use in the UK, and everything has different names
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks to everyone who has put suggestions on here.
I did not know I had to do these courses until yesterday however Fraser health will reimburse when I get there it just the initial cost on top of everything else may be worh your while contacting your health authority now at least you can then budget!!!!!!!
I will try the websites thanks again cathy
Do you have the titles of the drug guide/ handbook you are
looking for? RCN's library catalogue has a few North American
drug guides for nurses available for loan.

Fraser Health has a large library collection of medical
books for their staff to borrow free of charge.
http://fha.andornot.com/

Good luck with your search.
Yoong
Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:09 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't have to do any courses, but I put down all my exam fees on my tax refund and got a refund ... even for the retake! ... Lord I should have put down for my books too probably, but never thought of that!
Old Apr 26th 2008, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

dopey_dopier is an unknown quantity at this point

HI CathynPaul

I am just wondering if you have started/in the middle of/completed the online course yet as required by Fraser Health. I am also about to do it myself but because I am still waiting for these books to arrive, I really can't register with the University as I have nothing to use .

Thank you very much!

Dopey_-ier