Canadian HR

Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Canadian HR

Hi,

What have your experiences been with Canadian HR - are they all slow and need the odd email to keep them focused?

I'm in a situation where I've had 2 interviews and they said they want to arrange a 3rd, but the trail seems to have gone cold......or am I being impatient?

TIA, S
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:02 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian HR

Originally Posted by spaceace
Hi,

What have your experiences been with Canadian HR - are they all slow and need the odd email to keep them focused?
Yes they're slow as a blind sloth on a bad day but dispatching more emails will piss them right off.

Rule #17 of business - never hurry a Canadian. They twitch and their eyes roll in their sockets.

Generally, Canadian HR = oxymoron

R.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

OK, I guess I need to be patient, it's hard
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:09 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I guess I need to be patient, it's hard
Patience is needed when dealing with Canadian businesses, generally speaking, in any realm manner or method.

They move at the white lightning pace of the melting arctic ice mass.

R.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm used to fast pace, tight deadlines and instant responses
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:14 pm
Lotus-eater

Me too, it's what I do. Prepare for disappointment and frustration. Unless you get lucky.

R.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:59 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Prepare to enter the seventh circle of hell.

Or else go to Swaziland, a country that does not understand the urgency that mañana implies.
x
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

I take it, the pace it totally the opposite in Canada then?
Old Nov 27th 2008, 3:18 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

I take it, the pace it totally the opposite in Canada then?
Well, not totally opposite.

Swaziland is totally opposite.

But Canada is laid back compared with the UK. That seems to be one of the features of Canada that endears it to Britons when they come here on holiday (vacation). The only problem is that, if it's laid back when one is on holiday, it doesn't suddenly wake out of its stupour when one is job hunting.
x
Old Nov 27th 2008, 3:26 am
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
But Canada is laid back compared with the UK. That seems to be one of the features of Canada that endears it to Britons when they come here on holiday (vacation). The only problem is that, if it's laid back when one is on holiday, it doesn't suddenly wake out of its stupour when one is job hunting.
x
It makes one's job tough if it enters the realms of quality, efficiency, performance, project management, deliverables, etc.

It's great for the work-life balance aspect, but there's also some work to do, people.

R.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 3:38 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Get a large pillow/cushion and scream in it, get used to doing this

if you get the job, you maybe doing this alot
We arrived mid-sept and have just got our health cards through...if you asked them where they are they get upset, so i let his employer do that for us.

apart from that - good luck with the final bit of the interview
Old Nov 27th 2008, 4:20 am

Rainey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Canadian HR

Originally Posted by moondevil
Get a large pillow/cushion and scream in it, get used to doing this
if you get the job, you maybe doing this alot
We arrived mid-sept and have just got our health cards through...if you asked them where they are they get upset, so i let his employer do that for us.

apart from that - good luck with the final bit of the interview
Totally agree, they don't like any form of confrontation. As Moonie said get a pillow, you will need it. On the up side, once you get into the way of thinking here......it's fab......no stress.

Good luck with it all and don't give up hope, they are probably still getting over the weekend/s

Rainey
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:25 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm in a situation where I've had 2 interviews and they said they want to arrange a 3rd, but the trail seems to have gone cold......or am I being impatient?

TIA, S
Generally speaking, Canadian HR is bloody slow. It can, however, move very quickly when it wants to. We are going through this at the moment. Souvette became aware, over a couple of drinks with mates, of a job opening less than two weeks ago. She starts in mid-December. And we're talking government here, possibly the slowest of the lot.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:35 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Yes they're slow as a blind sloth on a bad day but dispatching more emails will piss them right off.

Rule #17 of business - never hurry a Canadian. They twitch and their eyes roll in their sockets.

Generally, Canadian HR = oxymoron

R.
Agreed.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:04 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Generally speaking, Canadian HR is bloody slow. It can, however, move very quickly when it wants to. We are going through this at the moment. Souvette became aware, over a couple of drinks with mates, of a job opening less than two weeks ago. She starts in mid-December. And we're talking government here, possibly the slowest of the lot.
Yes, but she knows how to use the business end of a gun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.