Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian High School Qualifications

Canadian High School Qualifications

Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:45 pm
Flames Fan

Adge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud of
Default Canadian High School Qualifications

Does anybody know how Canadian High school qualifications are viewed in the UK. - Specifically high school graduation with a 90%+ average, does this compare to A levels ????
Any advice would be most welcome.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian High School Qualifications

Heres a link to a page stating how the LSE view canadian qualifications in terms of entry requirements. I hope it helps.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:45 pm
Flames Fan

Adge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud ofAdge has much to be proud of

Thanks, just what I needed...great help..
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:51 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Adge
Does anybody know how Canadian High school qualifications are viewed in the UK. - Specifically high school graduation with a 90%+ average, does this compare to A levels ????
Any advice would be most welcome.
Can't really answer your question but thought I might add that each province has different levels of courses. So it might be hard to answer without knowing the specifics.

For example in Alberta, for grade 12 math there are several different levels. Math 33 would be a lower level and math 30 would be advanced. So it's tough to compare graduates unless you know which courses they took.

When I went to school in Ontario we had three different levels of math for each grade, so there are a lot of variables.

I'm assuming you are wondering about a student who has graduated taking all advanced courses. Unfortunately I can't really answer that.

If no one answers your questions then I would speak with one of the Universities from the UK to ask them that question.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:53 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Oooops... someone beat me to it while I was typing. Looks like you got what you needed.
Old May 1st 2007, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Liana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really nice

Originally Posted by britsnake
Heres a link to a page stating how the LSE view canadian qualifications in terms of entry requirements. I hope it helps.
This is not particularly helpful because of the lack of federal education regulations. For example every province has different standards and here in Nova Scotia, for example, they quote 85% in Levels 4 or 5 - a huge difference in the standard. Level 3 is the standard passing level for graduation; Level 4 is no better than GCSE yet is required here to enter university ; Level 5 is is not much different to the A levels in the UK, which have dropped in standard. I would contact the universities you are interested in before the final year is commenced.