Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian Freeloader!!!

Canadian Freeloader!!!

Old Dec 24th 2006, 12:53 am
yeah....I can do that !

Marathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Canadian Freeloader!!!

Just when you thought it was safe.......I moved three german shepherds,two siamese cats AND my other half(infinitely better half........ok , she Made me say that...) halfway round our globe..............to get away from freeloaders and now this !!! He turned up the other day, fights with everybody,chases the 'birds' ( hhmmmm used to be quite partial to that myself,though maybe not with quite so much agility ?)......and eats too much.........of my food !
Ah well....it's supposed to be the season of good will ???

Would be better if I'd manage to attach the photograph below the thread......any tips anybody.........getting senile me thinks......

Thanks ...Morwenna....
Attached Thumbnails Canadian Freeloader!!!-imgp0027.jpg  

Last edited by Marathonwreck 2; Dec 24th 2006 at 1:45 am.
Old Dec 24th 2006, 1:00 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Freeloader!!!

Originally Posted by Marathonwreck 2

Would be better if I'd manage to attach the photograph below the thread......any tips anybody.........getting senile me thinks......
Underneath where you write your message, if you scroll down, you'll see "manage attachments" under the heading of "additional options" ... just follow the instructions, and we'll see your pic.
Old Dec 24th 2006, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I saw one of those freeloaders yesterday. It ran across a six lane highway a short distance in front of me - and it managed to get to the other side alive!!
Old Dec 24th 2006, 5:50 pm
yeah....I can do that !

Marathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lizwil98
I saw one of those freeloaders yesterday. It ran across a six lane highway a short distance in front of me - and it managed to get to the other side alive!!

Six lane Highway ???? God help us..........I mean you need both hands to count them don't you..... sooooo ......how do you drive ?
Anyway......was it chasing birds ???
Bo
Old Dec 24th 2006, 6:27 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Great shot of the "freeloader" they are quite incorrigible characters.

Had a visitor to our feeder yesterday that we don't see too often, at least around our yard we don't.

A little Downey Woodpecker, quite made my day it did.
Attached Thumbnails Canadian Freeloader!!!-img_7236w.jpg  
Old Dec 24th 2006, 6:38 pm
yeah....I can do that !

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Great shot of the "freeloader" they are quite incorrigible characters.

Had a visitor to our feeder yesterday that we don't see too often, at least around our yard we don't.

A little Downey Woodpecker, quite made my day it did.

Nice shot Steve !
I get them too but have as yet not managed to get quite as good a photo of one. ( working on it ....) Eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new 500mm mirror lens. That will make close-ups of the shy ones a bit easier ! I take it you didn't get that shot with a 'Box Brownie' ?
Bo
Old Dec 24th 2006, 6:55 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice shot Steve !
I get them too but have as yet not managed to get quite as good a photo of one. ( working on it ....) Eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new 500mm mirror lens. That will make close-ups of the shy ones a bit easier ! I take it you didn't get that shot with a 'Box Brownie' ?
Bo

Wow a 500mm mirror lens. I'm insanely jealous.

No, not taken with a box Brownie.

Canon EOS 300D Digital Rebel, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS
1/50s f/5.6 at 400.0mm iso800

How do you like the Pentax?

Cheers
Steve

Last edited by Steve_P; Dec 24th 2006 at 7:00 pm.
Old Dec 24th 2006, 8:43 pm
yeah....I can do that !

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Wow a 500mm mirror lens. I'm insanely jealous.

No, not taken with a box Brownie.

Canon EOS 300D Digital Rebel, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS
1/50s f/5.6 at 400.0mm iso800

How do you like the Pentax?

Cheers
Steve
Hi Steve.
Loooove the Pentax ! Mind you, have always been a bit of a pentax man.....what's that missus ? , no I can't say THAT on the forum....(only kidding...) Used to have several pentax 35mm slr's including an LX.
Fyi. The mirror lens doesn't break the bank . On its way from the states at $130 cad. including shipping. Have to obviously go manual to use it ( F8 fixed aperture) but with the versatility of digital and the ability to change iso rating anytime .......easy money ! Can't wait !
Ah well......as the boys get older, the toys get bigger ! (or more expensive,or both... ) Got out on the cruiser this pm. 9 degrees and dry !
What more can a body ask for.............. oh well, better not start on that!
Bo
Old Dec 24th 2006, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Just when you thought it was safe.......I moved three german shepherds,two siamese cats AND my other half(infinitely better half........ok , she Made me say that...) halfway round our globe..............to get away from freeloaders and now this !!! He turned up the other day, fights with everybody,chases the 'birds' ( hhmmmm used to be quite partial to that myself,though maybe not with quite so much agility ?)......and eats too much.........of my food !
Ah well....it's supposed to be the season of good will ???

Thanks ...Morwenna....
Hi
Maybe it was this freeloader that was driving the car, that bent our car bumper and wing, & left then without leaving any details .....
Thought that only happened in the UK.......
cheers
Jerry