Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian Cricket

Canadian Cricket

Old May 17th 2004, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canadian Cricket

Does anyone now living in Canada follow the local cricket? I remember following Canada in the Cricket World Cup a year or two ago on the TV and willing them to do well. Which they kinda did. When we arrive in Canada I'm looking forward to maybe watching a little local cricket along with the Ice Hockey and Baseball of course! . I'm assuming that it happens in only a very limited way.
Old May 17th 2004, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

moving is an unknown quantity at this point

Hye,

So, one more cricket fan!!!!!!!!

Where are you going to be in Canada. Even we would love to follow the cricket. Am trying to inculcate some of the cricket spirit in my 5 year old son.

Cheers
Old May 17th 2004, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by moving
Hye,

So, one more cricket fan!!!!!!!!

Where are you going to be in Canada. Even we would love to follow the cricket. Am trying to inculcate some of the cricket spirit in my 5 year old son.

Cheers
Hello Moving,

We hope to be living in Eastern Ontario and although I'm looking forward to adopting the Canadian way of life, it'll be nice to find just a little bit of local cricket to watch during the summer. I can't give up everything English!
Old May 17th 2004, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't wait to watch and play cricket in Canada.

I've been living in Hong Kong for the last 10 years but am moving to Ottawa in June, I've heard there's a local team called the Hooligans that I hope to play for.

To play here in HK there's a C$12,500 joining fee plus C$220 per month.
Old May 17th 2004, 8:45 pm
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

In 1844, the first international cricket match was played. Surprisingly to modern fans, it was played at the St George's Club in New York, between sides representing the USA and Canada. The match was for a wager of $1,000. The Cricketer's Guide of 1858 noted that the 1844 match was originally considered to be between the Toronto and St George's clubs, and not until 1853 regarded as a game between two nations.
Old May 17th 2004, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fascinating stuff. It just goes to show what could have been. Out of interest who won?